Receiver dongle question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nothing is "dependent" on Google Assistant. You don't have to access Assistant options and they won't matter anyhow if you don't link your Google Account to your Hopper.
Also, is that "Dongle", which is the Hopper Snap in the top USB port?? And all it does is speed up the reaction time of the remote as you use the menus/guide, etc.

The service tach said it would improve the UI; it didn't.
All it has done was screw up DVR use by popping up a couple new unneeded messages and causing a video to stop and require a restart of it.

Do you have the original Hopper?

Was that the L shaped USB thing that speeds up the GUI? I think you can just unplug it without unplugging the receiver. But I don't know. When those things first came out, just about everybody saw impressive speed bumps on the GUI. From your comments above, I think you got a defective one.
Dunno no, perhaps this will answer your question:
1606515364258.png

Was that the L shaped USB thing that speeds up the GUI? I think you can just unplug it without unplugging the receiver. But I don't know. When those things first came out, just about everybody saw impressive speed bumps on the GUI. From your comments above, I think you got a defective one.
From the online site: Log Into Your DISH Account | MyDISH:

1606515909401.png

1606515909401.png

Despite the “Not Connected” remark it is when looking at the UG WiFi file.

Going online to WiFi setup, the first step to go to channel 300 only has program listing , nothing else,

I’ll be so glad to dump Dish if we ever get high speed net.

Thanks for your reply but I give up trying to post what I wanted and am not physically able to crawl around to get it off the freaking rcvr.

Thanks for your reply but I give up trying to post what I wanted and am not physically able to crawl around to get it off the freaking rcvr.

Unfortunately you can't post here and get a new Snap, unless another owner wants to send you one. It sounds as though you need another truck roll to get this problem addressed. :(

I think OP is just looking to complain, which is fine. I've been there many times!
WHy get a new snap when you can probably get Hopper 3, and probably for free if you talk to Loyalty Dept.

Agreed, if I'm paying all the fees for a Hopper, it better be an H3. However, I don't think OP was looking for help...just to blow off some steam. I can relate, I've been there as well.

Reactions: charlesrshell
WHy get a new snap when you can probably get Hopper 3, and probably for free if you talk to Loyalty Dept.
On the alternative, why get a new Snap when the existing Hopper With Sling is apparently still working just fine without it? Remember, according to the OP, adding the Snap was something that Dish insisted on, not something the OP requested. Since the OP has noticed no difference in performance, the Hopper With Sling was probably responding relatively quickly to begin with, even without the Snap.

I think OP is just looking to complain, which is fine. I've been there many times!

Agreed, if I'm paying all the fees for a Hopper, it better be an H3. However, I don't think OP was looking for help...just to blow off some steam. I can relate, I've been there as well.
The OP has had the Hopper With Sling long enough to likely be grandfathered at the old $12 per month rate. Therefore, not paying "all the fees for a Hopper" since the Hopper 3 would cost $15 per month. If you want the extra features of the Hopper 3, it might be worth the extra $3 per month. Otherwise, why pay extra for features that you are not going to use?

Reactions: TheKrell
On the alternative, why get a new Snap when the existing Hopper With Sling is apparently still working just fine without it? Remember, according to the OP, adding the Snap was something that Dish insisted on, not something the OP requested. Since the OP has noticed no difference in performance, the Hopper With Sling was probably responding relatively quickly to begin with, even without the Snap.
Tell you why. The snap has been known to cause issues in many cases. As we can see here.
Hopper 3 is faster than a Hopper w/Sling. Better graphics processing. More apps. More tuners, and etc, etc, etc, for the same price.

Reactions: dishdude
Tell you why. The snap has been known to cause issues in many cases. As we can see here.
Hopper 3 is faster than a Hopper w/Sling. Better graphics processing. More apps. More tuners, and etc, etc, etc, for the same price.
and even if, as crodrules suggests, that Hopper 2 is grandfathered at $12 ( and that is a possibility not a actual fact) it would be worth it to spend that extra $3 (think of it like 10 cents a day) to get all the best that you can get with a Hopper 3.

Understood, I mostly wanted to know if I could ditch the USB or if it contained code that was necessary to operation.
We have had only a few instances when we couldn't record a program we both wanted so I don't care if we could have more channels or not.
We are two old farts (wife 10 years younger, sorry mein Schatz} with fairly simple tastes. I do think the current user interface really sucks and is far more unpredictable than the one Dish replaced and is fraught with glitches.
We may not ever have decent connection speed (very rural area) so we may be stuck with Dish until we perish.

and even if, as crodrules suggests, that Hopper 2 is grandfathered at $12 ( and that is a possibility not a actual fact) it would be worth it to spend that extra $3 (think of it like 10 cents a day) to get all the best that you can get with a Hopper 3.
Some members here are so quick to spend other people's money. ;)

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)