OTHER Receiver issue with Movies! & Start channel on 101w?

I switched to OpenVIX (ver: 5.2.030) for now to test the Movies!/Start channel issue. It's set to the same resolution as my NA SDGr (1080p, 60Hz) however the screens are stretched slightly too wide (overscan) at the sides. Is there a "screen adjustment" control somewhere to slightly adjust the size smaller? If so, I haven't found it as of yet.

There's some default intriguing items on this image, but IMO it's not quite as intuitive to me as SDGr. Then again, I've barely used it so far. However, I learned the most on SDGr by accidentally hitting the wrong buttons, lol.

Thanks!

P.s. OpenVIX has the exact same issue between Movies!/Start.

Last edited:
Good information and to know it is happening on diverse forks of E2 images. Might be useful to also test on other images.

Probably not a situation anywhere else in the world with multiple SCPC services using identical parameters. Might be something that will only be of interest to address by North American users. I am not aware of any other SCPC distribution reusing identical parameters on adjacent frequencies. Probably best to report this problem and follow-up with interested parties on both OpenPLI and OpenVIX forums. El Bandido suggested that SatDreamGR forum might be a good place to report as this team have historically developed many image contributions before integrated into distribution.

Example of better frequency use planning can be viewed on 55w and 113w, where uplinkers use significantly different parameters on adjacent frequency SCPC services separated by only a few MHz. No reason for Wiegel to change parameters to meet hobbyists interests... but it would be nice! :)

Reactions: primestar31
Hello Primestar31
I just scan 101w with my VU+ ZERO receiver OpenATV 6.3 image and also get 2 startTV channels but different programs. Using the Mio Receiver with VIX image I also get 2 channels with startTV.
Regards.
Chewie

Hello Primestar31
I just scan 101w with my VU+ ZERO receiver OpenATV 6.3 image and also get 2 startTV channels but different programs. Using the Mio Receiver with VIX image I also get 2 channels with startTV.
Regards.
Chewie

Hi Chewie. That's not exactly the issue I'm having. Please try this:

On 101w satellite, do a manual scan of these transponders:

Movies: 3961 V DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6 SID 1 (this will likely scan in as: "3961V SID 0x01" but that's ok)

Start: 3965 V DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6 SID 1

After scanning them in, make sure each of them play, and that each of them is actually Movies and Start.

Ok, now bring up the Movies channel so it plays. Leave it there, and Zap over to a channel on 97w, Grit, whatever you have. Once that's playing, Zap back to 101w Movies channel. IF you have the same problem, you'll actually be watching the Start channel, BUT, it'll show the transponder information for Movies.

If you then bring up your channel bouquet for Start and zap to it, then zap back to Movies, it'll then bring up Movies properly!

You can do all this faster than I typed it out, and let us know what happens for you.

hello primestar31
I try what you suggested and I don't see the problem on my VU+ ZERO or the MIO.
Manual scan 3961 = movies and 3965 = Start, after this, I move the dish to 97w and clicked on Bounce, went back to 101w and click on 3961 and still the movies channel and 3965 still the start channel.
I did noticed that, my MIO scans 3765 v 2734 and that is the Movies channel.
Hope I did right.
Regards.
Chewie

Hi Chewie. That's not exactly the issue I'm having. Please try this:

On 101w satellite, do a manual scan of these transponders:

Movies: 3961 V DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6 SID 1 (this will likely scan in as: "3961V SID 0x01" but that's ok)

Start: 3965 V DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6 SID 1

After scanning them in, make sure each of them play, and that each of them is actually Movies and Start.

Ok, now bring up the Movies channel so it plays. Leave it there, and Zap over to a channel on 97w, Grit, whatever you have. Once that's playing, Zap back to 101w Movies channel. IF you have the same problem, you'll actually be watching the Start channel, BUT, it'll show the transponder information for Movies.

If you then bring up your channel bouquet for Start and zap to it, then zap back to Movies, it'll then bring up Movies properly!

You can do all this faster than I typed it out, and let us know what happens for you.

Just so you know you are not alone!

Linkbox 9000i has a bad problem of replacing H&I on DECADES!

You have to change the channel a couple of times to get Decades!

OK I have studied this issue and have come up with a fix. ( I hope ;) ) It seems Weigel has provided us a work around :) . Since there is a second set of transponders for all these channels I propose to make your selections from both groups and delete the other duplicate channels. For example:
3704 V 2734 Start TV East
3733 V 2734 H&I West
3744 V 2734 H&I East
3765 V 2734 Movies!
3957 V 2734 Decades
3972 V 2734 Start TV West

OK I have studied this issue and have come up with a fix. ( I hope ;) ) It seems Weigel has provided us a work around :) . Since there is a second set of transponders for all these channels I propose to make your selections from both groups and delete the other duplicate channels. For example:
3704 V 2734 Start TV East
3733 V 2734 H&I West
3744 V 2734 H&I East
3765 V 2734 Movies!
3957 V 2734 Decades
3972 V 2734 Start TV West

Did you try that, and did it work for you? I'm wondering if the newer second transponder set of channels is just temporary, as I'm not all that sure how long they've been there. They certainly weren't there 6 weeks ago when I first scanned this sat on my Mio.

Did you try that, and did it work for you? I'm wondering if the newer second transponder set of channels is just temporary, as I'm not all that sure how long they've been there. They certainly weren't there 6 weeks ago when I first scanned this sat on my Mio.
I can't get to the Edision right now. People sleeping. I have to wait til the PM. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts