Receiver not responding to remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
Hi. I have a problem I've not seen before. Maybe someone else has.

I installed a new 2 receiver system (both 1100c's) at a friend's house an hour away. All worked fine until the other day when one of the receivers refused to respond to commands from the remotes. I confirmed that the receiver would respond to front manual channel/audio commands but not from either remote.

I switched receivers and both of their remotes work fine with the other receiver.

I took the non responding receiver home and hooked it up here. It responds fine to 3 remotes I have here.

There is probably something I am not seeing here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Bill

OOPS!

I was browsing additional threads here and found one about this subject.. The suggestion is to reboot the receiver with the power switch.

The unit was unplugged while riding home with me... I think that was enough time to have it rebooted. I didn't try that at their house.

I'll return it the next time I'm there and see. If it happens again, I'll suggest they turn off with the switch and reboot.

Thanks again, Bill

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts