Receiver R15 stuck on startup at: "Receiving satellite info..."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techrover

Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
San Jose
I have DirecTV international package with 2 dish(Round Dish with 3 LNB and Worlddirect oval with 1 LNB); Zinwell 6x8 multiswithc; one standard receiver(D10) and one DVR(R15) receiver. All setup was working fine.
I had to move temporarily(for project work) to another location. So I took the DirecTV DVR receiver with me and try to hook up to DirecTV worlddirect dish(2 LNB- 101W and 95W) and Zinwell multiswitch. While I was able to aim the dish, the receiver is getting stuck at "Receiving satellite info...".

I have tried following:
(1) Bypassed multi-switch - same result
(2) Reset - same result
(3) Did satellite setup with new zipcode - same result. Did satellite setup with old zipcode - same result.

Have checked the following:
(1) Tried the software upgrade using 02468, won't do any changes. The software version is 0x1236 as of Jan, 2008
(2) Performed System Test - and checked out fine

Signals on transponders for 101 look like this:
1-8: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
17-24: 0 0 0 0 0 92 96 93
25-32: 0 93 94 93 92 92 96 95

While checking signal strength, I see that on most of the transponders#1-23 tuner1=0 and tuner2>80(still on satellite transponder list I see 0). On transponder 24-32 tuner1 and tuner2 both are >90.

Called DirecTV - they can only help with main install location and can't do anything about this. Appreciate if someone can guide me through this:

(1) Do I have to have original zipcode in the satellite setup or use the new zipcode? I read that I may loose locals which is fine to me. Is this only for
dish pointing assistance?
(2) During satellite setup - what dish type do I select? I selected "OVal with 2 LNB" and then in next screen selected "95 - installed". I really have only 2
LNBs 101 and 95 - will this be a problem?

Have spent a full day troubleshooting and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Since it looks like you are getting decent 101 numbers, just select round, single as dish type. That will "force" the receiver to pull everything off of 101.

Edit: Be patient with the guide download. If you really think it is hung up, unplug the unit from power for about 3 minutes to let the memory clear.

Thanks for the suggestions. When the receiver indicates signal strength for a satellite transponder(in this case 101 TP 24-32), does it just indicate it is receiving signal and not specifically from 101? I thought the digital receiver may have some intelligence to indicate satellite correctly as opposed to a signal meter which just indicates current passing through it.
Anyways I will try out and let you know how it goes.
I have collected additional tips(such as using auto-config for 95w satellite) from other posts which I will try as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)