Receiver Recommendations - Last time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
OK, I am taking receiver recommendations for a second receiver. I have the Fortec Lifetime Classic NA, and would like to get another receiver. I will be using it for blind scanning, so I would like a speedy scan. The 2 that keep coming up are Coolsat 5000 and the Traxis 3550. ANY recommendations are welcomed! I would like to order this weekend. Thanks!

I love my Fortec. It has been dropped many times, and you can't even tell :) I am leaning towards the coolsat 5000 at the moment :)

I don't know about Traxis 3500. I like Coolsat 5000 for precision motor control and Blindscan. I never had anyother reciver with Blindscan to compare the speed. I heard there is issue with Traxis 3500 with AC-3 audio.

well you know i have 2 of the coolsat's 5K, now i don't know about the others
the CS i'm sure i can get serviced from where i bought it ( one of the gold sponsors) but it has a very limited web site. well at least there is a old version of sw and a pdf of the manual. But i can't get them to respond to a email. Don't let this discourage you as i feel like its probably par for the course with most of the receivers.

another twist... i know your looking for another STB but ... something else to consider which i'm heading for is 4:2:2 ac3 found both of these in a usb version and probably make it almost portable with my notebook. now that would be neat.
well that was just a thought

Last edited:
I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra and a Satwork ST3618. The Satwork kicks major butt when blindscanning.... it is much faster than the Fortec Lifetime Ultra.

does anybody sell Satworks anymore? I know PSB had them a while back but I havent seen one ina while

Yeah, it was my first receiver and I still love it and use it for blindscans... i got it from PSB lets say 3 or 4 years back.

I like my Coolsat 5000, but I like my Pansat 3500s even better (but, that's just me). They are both great receivers and they both do some things different. They both have about the same amount of Pro's and Con's, but not necessarily the same ones. They each have something they can do better than the other. I really don't think either is better than the other, and both are excellent receivers.

Al

I currently have a coship 2300b and the traxis 3500. Both are very good receivers and I need to pick up a couple more units for my youngest son mostly so my grandchildren can get a good daily dose of PBS. Unfortunately the AC3 issue on the traxis would prevent me from getting another one.

SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)