Receivers calling mother ship many times a day

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rough2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
A couple of months ago, I had my receivers changed out to two-H24's and one H25. Since then, the receivers are calling into Directv 866-709-2073 as many as 40-50 times a day. About once a day I will get about a half a ring from a incoming call from this 866 number. The calls are about 55 seconds in duration. I know if I disconnect the receivers from my land line it will stop the calls, but I also lose my caller ID feature which I like. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this, and how I can stop it. I have talked to tech support a couple of times and they don't have a clue. Any suggestions?

A few questions. Do you have DSL internet service? Do you have DSL filters on those phone lines connected to DirecTV receivers? Are all three receivers connected to phone line? What type of phone service do you have? Standard land line, or VOIP, etc?

I have AT&T Uverse internet. As I understand, filters are not required. All three receivers have been connected to the phone line. I have Ooma VOIP phone service.
I am trying through process of elimination determine if all the receivers are doing the calling, or if only one. Right now it appears that the two H24's are doing the calling. The H25 has been connected alone for about four hours and has not called out. By now, the H24's would have called out at least a half a dozen times. I have tested the H25 to be sure it is connected to the phone line, and it is. It's looking like it is only H24 related. Any suggestions?

They were H21's and have worked with Ooma the past 4-5 years.

I have AT&T Uverse internet. As I understand, filters are not required. All three receivers have been connected to the phone line. I have Ooma VOIP phone service.
I am trying through process of elimination determine if all the receivers are doing the calling, or if only one. Right now it appears that the two H24's are doing the calling. The H25 has been connected alone for about four hours and has not called out. By now, the H24's would have called out at least a half a dozen times. I have tested the H25 to be sure it is connected to the phone line, and it is. It's looking like it is only H24 related. Any suggestions?
Filters are not wanted on a DSL line, UNLESS you have landlines (witch you don't).
Any filters would cut down on your Internet speed if it happened to be on that same line.
Typically, when U Verse goes in the tech places a Nid filter, so you would never see it unless you got into the NI and knew what you were looking for, they are changing what they use in the NI's alot lately.

The H25 is doing the same thing except at a lesser rate than the H24's. Only about 5 call ins since noon yesterday..

This is good info ... if your dialing a phone to make outgoing calls.

However, I have no idea if you can access anything in the D* recvrs to TELL the modem what number to dial out to ... I kinda doubt it.
With the correct button sequence you can access a secret menu to edit the outbound call settings.

I've blocked my receivers from calling DirecTV by blocking the DirecTV numbers from being called in my VOIP equipment.

| 18666858469! | 18005315602! | 18667092073! | 18007139276! |

get a WIFI deca. or a Broadband Deca.

Only if it's free...

I really don't see the point of having a return path connected for any of my receivers.

If I ever order a PPV I order online so that all the receivers get to watch it.

*shrug* you can use your phone for a remote.

i'm simply denying your assertion your receivers have no options. the why is irrelevant to me :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)