Receivers compatible with TracVision TV1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XDTVTe h

Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
I have a friend that purchased a TracVision TV1 he is wanting to get a genie with a genie client with that antenna. Is that possible? If not what type of receivers are compatible with the TracVision TV1 Antenna?

I'm not familiar with the TracVision TV1, but a Genie needs a swm setup to work. That means the lnb has to be a swm type, or you can use a swm multiswitch like the swm8 or swm16. I don't know if either is an option with the antenna you are talking about.

You cannot use a Swm8 or swm16 with only access to the ku satellites. So he is stuck receiving sd programming if that is all his dish can receive. Depending on how many outputs are on it. Either a d12 for standard or an r16 for a sd dvr. However dtv no longer provides sd boxes for new customers. He may need to setup an account at his home and request the additional receivers that way.

You cannot use a Swm8 or swm16 with only access to the ku satellites. So he is stuck receiving sd programming if that is all his dish can receive. Depending on how many outputs are on it. Either a d12 for standard or an r16 for a sd dvr. However dtv no longer provides sd boxes for new customers. He may need to setup an account at his home and request the additional receivers that way.
I can never remember witch is which, with the KA and KU bands.

I also was thinking it wouldn't work for D* HD as there is only one set up that I know of that does both KA and KU for the automatic set ups for camping.

I was curious when I saw this:

• HDTV compatible (Ku-band services only)
  • Integrated Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM-8) built into belowdecks TV-Hub supports up to 8 DIRECTV receivers

I can never remember witch is which, with the KA and KU bands.

I also was thinking it wouldn't work for D* HD as there is only one set up that I know of that does both KA and KU for the automatic set ups for camping.

I was curious when I saw this:

• HDTV compatible (Ku-band services only)
  • Integrated Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM-8) built into belowdecks TV-Hub supports up to 8 DIRECTV receivers
I've seen them on ebay it's a motorized slimline dish... ka is hd, and ku is sd.

If the lnb has at least two outputs, you should be able to connect those to a swm8/16, yes? Or is it a 6x8 that will work with only two connections?

I've seen them on ebay it's a motorized slimline dish... ka is hd, and ku is sd.
That is the Only one that I have seen that works both, unfortunately thats not what the OP has.

Also unfortunately, the run in the 1400 + range of money.

IF they were reasonably priced, say 8-900, I'd be in on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts