Receivers With Fluctuating Quality Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you connecting to only one port while testing or are both ports connected?

Is the problem resolved if the two switch coax cables are swapped between the two LNBF ports?

The original report would indicate that the issue is likely related to a reduced voltage using a non-powered multi-switch. The problems would probably be remedied by using a powered switch rather than a passive type.

It is certainly possible for one port block amplifier to have reduced performance at lower voltage or a defect. You may send it in for bench testing to determine if it is a defect. If so, it would be replaced under warranty.
I tested with both ports connected and got the same results. I also tested both ports independently with the LNBf directly on the Dish and the same port wasn't picking up the frequency in question while the other did. When the coax is switched around the issues transfer to receiver with the faulty port. Do I need to contact you for RMA authorization and I would need an address to mail it back for testing.

Thanks for the confirmation. Were you able to test the non load vertical voltage at the LNBF?

For future reference, I would highly recommend using a powered multi-switch or other power insertion device(s) as the flow in the above diagram will present an operating load that exceeds the output rating of a standard STB.

Ship the LNBF to either address on our website and I will test and confirm the operation. Please include a note with the satellite, transponder, contact information (including daytime phone), shipping information and email info also to support@titaniumsatellite.com .

Thanks for the confirmation. Were you able to test the non load vertical voltage at the LNBF?

For future reference, I would highly recommend using a powered multi-switch or other power insertion device(s) as the flow in the above diagram will present an operating load that exceeds the output rating of a standard STB.

Ship the LNBF to either address on our website and I will test and confirm the operation. Please include a note with the satellite, transponder, contact information (including daytime phone), shipping information and email info also to support@titaniumsatellite.com .
@ the red highlighted: Sorry for the beginner question. What do I have to do to accomplish that?

Just checked with a volt meter: The Vertical outputs 13.94 DC volts and the Horizontal Outputs 19.08 DC volts.

Good. The measurement is within the typical +/-10% for horizontal / vertical polarity voltage. Adding a load should pull the vertical voltage down and move lower, away from the polarity switching range.

Just to confirm, this was measured at the dish end of the coax cables (unscrewed from the LNBF) with the transponder problem?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Good. The measurement is within the typical +/-10% for horizontal / vertical polarity voltage. Adding a load should pull the vertical voltage down and move lower, away from the polarity switching range.

Just to confirm, this was measured at the dish end of the coax cables (unscrewed form the LNBF) with the transponder problem?

Thanks!
Oooops!!:hiding I measured it directly from the receiver indoors. Weather permitting, I will check from the Dish tomorrow.

Reactions: Titanium
It was toasty over here today....60+ degrees!:flame

.....and I took advantage of it!!

Here are my readings: "No Load" coax measurements at the dish:
Horizontal: 18.14 DC Volts
Vertical: 13.01 DC Volts

I'm temporarily replacing it with a a WSI LNBf and the issue is now absent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts