Receiving Amazonas2 in BC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guacharaca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Vernon, BC
I have been out looking for a good location to plant a BUD in the back yard such that it will be able to see 58W. It is a problem because 58W is so low on the eastern horizon here in the west and my building is also in the way. I eventually found a location and thought I would verify it by trying to receive a Ku signal from Amazonas2 . I dragged over the portable 1.2 meter dish to the location and by using the vector on Dishpointer.com as a guide, I got a beep from the Stb. It is a weak signal but with some tweaking I received enough signal to watch the promo video about Amazonas2’s new technology. Amazonas2 is the furthest satellite from BC that I have been able to get a lock.

nice...yeah that promo video is the only thing I've ever seen on there with my 36" Ku dish (I'm in NJ)

i didnt even know that promo was there. haha. its a medium signal here in sk on a 1m. if you can see that sat you should be close to hit 58w. its about 1.8 degrees lower for your location than 61w.

crackt out,.

Is there anything on 58 that's beamed that far north?

i havent seen any ku on 58w. i can get cband down to 37.5w and ive seen ku there too. i can hit 30w from out of town but not quite from my yard. its at 2.6 degrees elevation.

crackt out,.

2.6 degrees of elevation! Now that is flat country. Yes I noticed on the footprint charts that those C-band signals can go a long way. My original reason for obtaining 58W was to receive Caracol from Colombia on C. However they recently scrambled that signal. But I still want to achieve the goal of 58W for others Tps on C. I am also hoping to pick up that Thai station signal coming over the pacific once I get this 12 footer into the ground.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)