Recently Installed Whole Home DVR Not Working?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cubby03

Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
I tried searching through the forums, but couldn't find anything regarding this. At the same time, since I am new to Direct TV, perhaps I just don't know enough about it. Just got new installation setup about two weeks ago, but the Whole Home service doesn't seem to work.

When looking at Whole Home from the dvr, it says no dvr's detected. From my second hd receiver, the mini type one, it says the same thing. The dvr is hooked up to what i believe is called a dega apadter? Out of the wall, coax runs to a splitter. One end to the dvr, one to the dega adapter. The adapter has Ethernet plugged into my router. The wireless settings when looking at the dvr menu are setup as automatic, and I know the Cinema Plus works, so it is talking to my network (I think).

My other mini receiver does not have an ethernet port. It is connected to another kind of adapter, I thought the installer said it was something for signal strength, seems different then the one upstairs. I don't believe this has any ethernet connectivity available.

Hopefully I am making sense. I figured I would try here before calling them to see what the issue is. Thanks if anyone can help! :)

On the Whole-Home menu screen does it say that Whole Home is Authorized on your account? If not, a call to Directv will activate it, it's $3 a month.

In your description of the splitter you did not mention that there was a wire going towards the non-dvr receiver. I'd imagine that was just an oversight in your description or else you wouldn't have programming into that room at all.

What are the model #s or your receivers? Pressing menu > Parental, Favs, Setup > System Setup will show you it on both receivers.

If you go back to the network settings page, setting your receivers to static ip addresses may help, there are many topics within this forum that will elaborate on that.

The white Deca box (probably w/ green label on it ) connected to your splitter provides the internet for all connected receivers, no ethernet cable should be connected directly to your receivers when using this connection kit.

Last edited:
I tried searching through the forums, but couldn't find anything regarding this. At the same time, since I am new to Direct TV, perhaps I just don't know enough about it. Just got new installation setup about two weeks ago, but the Whole Home service doesn't seem to work.

When looking at Whole Home from the dvr, it says no dvr's detected. From my second hd receiver, the mini type one, it says the same thing. The dvr is hooked up to what i believe is called a dega apadter? Out of the wall, coax runs to a splitter. One end to the dvr, one to the dega adapter. The adapter has Ethernet plugged into my router. The wireless settings when looking at the dvr menu are setup as automatic, and I know the Cinema Plus works, so it is talking to my network (I think).

My other mini receiver does not have an ethernet port. It is connected to another kind of adapter, I thought the installer said it was something for signal strength, seems different then the one upstairs. I don't believe this has any ethernet connectivity available.

Hopefully I am making sense. I figured I would try here before calling them to see what the issue is. Thanks if anyone can help! :)

Try a red button reset (inside the door where your access card is)....I think I saw someone mention they did this and then it worked.

cubby03,
I guess the first question is whether or not your whole home ever worked. Your installer should have checked it out before he left so I am going to make the assumption that it worked at that point. One thing I would suggest is doing the reset described in my post here. If that does not work you probably need to call DirecTV tech support. They can walk you through what it takes to get it all working.
Bob

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and input! I did perform a reset, and it now is working. Part of this could have been me not knowing what I was doing beforehand, but I thought I had it set up to share with the other receiver. Saying this as I don't want to just balme the tech who set it up.

Again, thanks very much everyone. Hope you all have a great day! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)