Reception Help

More Results

I was able to take my digital receiver and test out the CM 4228. I set it up in the attic on a tripod raised above the ac and any other obstructions. First, I hooked up my 7777 with not very good results. My next try I did not get CBS or ABC digital. I moved the antenna a couple of inches to SSW and, wow, the results were amazing. Here's what I get(I didn't test signal strengths but my LG 4200A locks in everything pretty nicely):

Analog:

WCOV Fox 20
WRJM MNTV 67(very poor reception though)
WMCF TBN 45
WNCF ABC 32
WAKA CBS 8
WSFA NBC 12
WFRZ FMN 34
WETU ION 39 (formerly Pax)
WBMM CW 22
WAIQ PBS 26

All of these are pretty clear with the exception of channel 67. It's right in the middle but it's really fuzzy. I get PBS 10 out of B'ham but it's fuzzy.

Digital:

WSFA NBC 12.1 and two subs
WNCF ABC 32.1
WAKA CBS 8.1 and two subs
WCOV Fox 20.1 and 1 sub
WAIQ PBS 26.1 and 3 subs
WMCF TBN 45.1 and 4 subs

The only digital I can't get is WBIH 29. It's pretty much an info-mercial channel so I don't care.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I added the pre-amp and didn't get much of a change. The two problem stations are better though. Analogue 67 went from black and white very grainy to less grainy in color and barely watchable. I know I have the antenna pointed right at it. Digital 29 now comes in but not at a very strong signal. All of the other stations are still perfect execept for the analog ABC 32 is a little more grainy. However, the digital version is perfect. I'm pretty happy with the overall results. I was worried that the attic install combined with the distance might prevent me from getting everything. All is well. Thanks for all of the suggestions. The CM 4228 does work well in the attic. It's raised above the ac unit and is facing towards the most stations.