Recommendations?

bd8494

Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Elyria, Oh
Hi, I am looking into getting Dish Network after years of bad service from TWC. I live in Elyria, Oh about 25 miles west of Cleveland, Oh. Does anyone know about the service and reception in the area and whether an Antenna would get a good reception for local HD channels. Any Help? :confused:

P.S. I am a satellite noob. :(
Thanks, bd8494

I am in Amherst and have no problems with my Dish 1000 dish (other than the occasional problems reported throughout this forum with 129).

From Amherst OTA, I am able to get the digital versions of channels 5, 8, 19, 43, 45/49, 55, and 61 with relative ease. I am occasionally able to pull in the digital version of channel 3 due to its digital channel being on low VHF channel 2 which is susceptible to lot of interference. At this point, you will be very lucky if you get the digital version of channel 25, as they are only transmitting from a very low power transmitter on top of their HQ on Brookpark Road.

Hope this helps...

I am in Amherst and have no problems with my Dish 1000 dish (other than the occasional problems reported throughout this forum with 129).

From Amherst OTA, I am able to get the digital versions of channels 5, 8, 19, 43, 45/49, 55, and 61 with relative ease. I am occasionally able to pull in the digital version of channel 3 due to its digital channel being on low VHF channel 2 which is susceptible to lot of interference. At this point, you will be very lucky if you get the digital version of channel 25, as they are only transmitting from a very low power transmitter on top of their HQ on Brookpark Road.

Hope this helps...

Thanks that does help although I am bummed because I won't be able to watch channel 3 news in hd, but whatever. Thanks that really helped. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts