Recommendations

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Anyone with simple recommendations on a projector, that can be mounted close the the wall(I have seen some in my college classes that are 6 inches off the wall), that can provide a clear, large(atleast 70-80 inches) screen, and can utilize HDMI from an AVR? I had one in Iraq a few years ago, but it was SD only, and thought I would give it another shot.

The Epson's and the JVC's were on top of my list when I was hunting. Decided to wait until we build a house, but both have some very good models. There are a lot of FP guys here, so Im sure if you throw a budget out there they can point you in a direction.

I checked it out in class today and the ones the school uses, and I was originally impressed by, were he epsons. Any general idea on a price range? I'm thinking cheap. $100-500 preferably lower end of that spectrum. This is just a want right now, not a need.

Chances are the Epsons used at your school were from their ultra short throw line which are going to run in the $1000-1500 range but that includes the mounting hardware and replacement bulbs are <$80

I'll take a picture in class on Thursday. Maybe that would help. Point was, even the VHS they played on it, had a very very surprisingly nice picture. Down side, although you can see with the lights on, cause a slight strain on the eyes, definitely better with thre lights dimmed(not off, caused to much light to bounce back)

Benq 770st can give to about 100" diagonal HD format from about 4-5ft. away. 720p projector that is great viewing sat/cable.
$499 price tag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)