Record from DVR R-15 to LAPTOP

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That should do the job just fine.

Amazon has it a bit cheaper but the shipping charge may bring it it up to Buy.com's price.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-AVCPT-Creator-Capture-Adapter/dp/B0011N9QNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1226976780&sr=8-1[/ame]

There a few other units on the Amazon site as well.
Read the reviews on the Amazon site.

Last edited:
As a word of warning on USB devices for Capture. They most of the time use the Processor of the PC to run. If you have a low end pc the recording might be an issue. I have the Hauppauge WINTV 950Q. I have two newer pc(Laptop Duo core 1.81MHZ and Desktop AMD 5200+ Duo Core 64X). In both cases the processor jumps to 50-75%. I just dumped some records off my cable company dvr I am returning and it went fine. Also keep in mind the picture quality can very. Mine was crystal clear with my 950-Q.

Thanks for the input, my processor will do okay.

Can anyone explain how to connect the cables? On my R15 do I just use the second set of a/v outputs?

Also do I need software to accomplish this?

I have Roxio Media Center 10 so it will record the video. The easiest way to do it is via the S-Video or RCA Video(Yellow) and then RCA Audio Out Red and White. If you use Roxio it has a software that states Capture video. It will give you your capture card as an option to record from. Also Windows Movie Maker as well.

I use media center 2005 to do my recordings because I get surround with the use of a software dolby decoder. That will work but if you want to stream the receivers audio and video with vlc you will need on with an analog audio output on the device it self.

I have a Miglia Evolution which has built-in MPEG2 and MPEG4 encoders which take some of the load off of the CPU on my Mac, but there is a very noticeable loss of picture quality compared to the original.

Status
Please reply by conversation.