Record Symbol with an X

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could it be a new feature and is showing it's a Repeat, OR that it's an episode that you already had recorded ?

I noticed your an hour or so prior to in the guide, so it was nothing to do with to many things happening.
Also noticed that the next show was also the same show, and it didn't do that.

Don't think it's new, but, I think you're spot on with the repeat, already recorded or #3 priority.

It means you have that program set to record but another program has priority over it, like Hifi said.
Just went through the whole guide and only one other show is recording at that time. Actually, it was 5:10 to 6:10, so there was overlap into 6:00pm. There were no other shows in the 6pm slot. The most would be two, counting this one

Don't think it's new, but, I think you're spot on with the repeat, already recorded or #3 priority.

IF it's a repeat thing, that would be cool.
You can currently check to see if your programs your recording are repeats or not by going into the More Info and see what the First Aired date is.

However, this would be much more handy.

And you get a message on the screen before hand asking which ones you want to record.

Cool. HAven't tried it yet - wife is watching something on the DVR. OP - can you check your 'manage recordings' in the menu and see if there's anything else going on?

just saw your reply - - probably a repeat or already recoded then...

So he has 2 shows to record at that time, so he won't be able to change the channel on the recvr till it's done or he tells it to stop recording.
When the time gets to about 2 minutes till, a message will show up, IF he's on a different channel and ask if he wants to record both or let him chose to cancel one of the recordings.
Also, if he IS ON the recording channel and tries to change the channel he'll also get a message asking which one to quit recording.

this is pretty close.I am seeing this again on my guide .what I am noticing is 2 recordings scheduled in the next half hour and the third in the next hour .the third recording is interfering with the end of the other two recordings.this happened earlier today and I was asked which recording i wanted to cancel about 2-3 minutes before the next recording.that next recording had an x on it.makes sense? Lol.

I've only been w/ Directv since July but I've seen this icon the whole time. It seems to happen when series' (not one-time recordings) are conflicting with each other. Because as said previously a one-time recording will give you the warning that a 3rd show can't be done.

I usually remove the conflict by rescheduling one of the programs to a later recording time. The X will not change automatically to Record symbol even with no conflict showing on the To Do list. It may record as normal, I've not babysat it to find out, but pressing the Record button while having that program highlighted in the To Do list will change the X to a R once the conflict is removed.

this is pretty close.I am seeing this again on my guide .what I am noticing is 2 recordings scheduled in the next half hour and the third in the next hour .the third recording is interfering with the end of the other two recordings.this happened earlier today and I was asked which recording i wanted to cancel about 2-3 minutes before the next recording.that next recording had an x on it.makes sense? Lol.
not sure how D* does their timers but E* has default settings that start one minute early and run three minutes after the show

I got one of those yesterday in my recorded items list. I have whole-house DVR, and the program in question was recorded in a different room. The error message I got when I tried to click it was that too many recordings were being played back from that box. Thing is, only one thing was being played back in another room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)