recorded programs dont show under List in Genie but in Mini Genie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportflyer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver, WA
I have a Genie gen 2 and a Mini Genie. Recorded programs used to show up under List in both units. Suddenly Recorded programs only show in the mini Genie but not the the main unit. I have find my recorded programs in the main Genie in a very convoluted way using search .

How do I fix this ? Thanks

It's a widely reported bug. Expect it to be fixed soon.

from the directv forums

Hello Community,

Special Note - We are aware of an issue where some DVR recordings are not displaying. The good news is they aren't gone.

As a temporary workaround, you can:

• Re-sort the playlist by pressing 0 on the remote control twice (re-sort the playlist first by alphabetical order, then by recording date order)
  • View the recordings in the specific category on the left side menu (arrow left and go to Sports, Movies, Kids, etc)
We apologize for the inconvenience as we work toward a resolution.

Reactions: raoul5788
I will try the 0,0 work around. When we ultimately get a fix do we need to reboot the genie or is this done automatically . Tks

Still no fix. I’m so sick of this garbage.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
Why would you think there is a fix? When a release with the fix included starts rollout, you'll see that news here.

It’s been a problem long enough is my point. What, I can’t be ticked off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been a problem long enough is my point. What, I can’t be ticked off?

Sure you can, I don't blame you. It won't fix the problem though. Patience grasshopper! :)

I had this problem a few times, red button reset brings back recordings. It's a pain.

They eventually show up after they’re done recording. I mean it’s been going on for some time now. How many updates have they put out while not addressing it. It’s not about my patience. It’s about their lack of addressing it.

Reactions: ticmxman
So it’s still not fixed. Is this only happening on the hr44?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I have had missing recordings on my HR44 numerous times after this flawed update. Not to mention the difficulty I have in finding other previously easily accessible menu items such as future recordings list etc,,At first I found the missing recordings in history or by a red button reset. Another option that works is to do a system test which is faster than a reboot.

I can understand having bugs in a new software, what irks me is the lengthy delay by ATT in providing a fix. This has led me to looking at other options including Dish, TiVo/ Xfinity and OTA Tablo. I haven’t had this big of a problem since I switched to Directv 20 years ago.

If it was just me using the DVRs in our home I would already have made a change but with my wife very use to the Directv HR24 she uses a change would create a little stress. The HR24s on the older software preform well. I did “test drive” a Hopper 3 it runs circles around the Genie with all its options but would take a little extra time to adjust to. I’ll probably give ATT till January to see if the rumors of a cure for the issues are true.

Same here. I’ll have stuff recording and can’t get to it for hours after it’s done recording. I’m about done. They used to be king. They just plain suck now.

Reactions: ticmxman
Just noticed this issue on my HR54 today. One of many bugs I've dealt with since the new guide was released.

This has been happening on our HR54 for months now. All the recordings show up on our kitchen HR24 though. The only way for us to quickly find a recording is to start it on the HR24 , stop it and then go to the HR54 and find it under "Continue Watching". Not convenient at all. Does anyone have an idea when this will be fixed with an update--just a guess I suppose though.

This has been happening on our HR54 for months now. All the recordings show up on our kitchen HR24 though. The only way for us to quickly find a recording is to start it on the HR24 , stop it and then go to the HR54 and find it under "Continue Watching". Not convenient at all. Does anyone have an idea when this will be fixed with an update--just a guess I suppose though.

Doubt they fix it. I swear they just don’t care anymore about these boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)