Recording/Buffer ????

Mokanic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Johnston County, NC
Curiosity has lead me to the forums.

I was recording a movie on one SAT tuner, watching NASCAR on the OTA tuner and the third tuner was just "resting".

As happens on Sunday afternoons, I will fall asleep in my easychair. I woke up after about 1.5 hours and decided to rewind the race and catch up.
Well, my OTA timer and the movie recording timer only had twenty minutes of buffer available. Curiously enough the movie I was recording finished approximately twenty minutes before I awoke.
I haven't had this to happen before. I have two of the three tuners in "use" 75 - 80% of the time I watch TV.

Coinicidence or is this "normal behavior"? No one else changed OTA channels, unless my wife's dog has learned a whole new trick that I don't know about. :) My wife fell asleep before me and woke up after me.

Any ideas?

once you start to view a program if you think you might dose off just hit the record button and record the rest of the event. But if it's a sports program select options and ad an hour or so the be sure you record the whole progam

Something like what you've described has happened to me a few times. I think it is just an occasional hiccup. I would say it has happened to me about 4 times over the last 18 months. Just chalk it up to one of those occasional things that happen. My Tivo has hiccups, too, although fewer of them

Something like what you've described has happened to me a few times. I think it is just an occasional hiccup. I would say it has happened to me about 4 times over the last 18 months. Just chalk it up to one of those occasional things that happen. My Tivo has hiccups, too, although fewer of them
Consider yourself lucky. My Comcast DVR would fart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts