Recording marathons

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rta53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
North Carolina
I am trying to record the Twilight Zone marathon. I have selected both types and record all but it only shows 14 set to record when there are 3 times that many coming on. I can go through the remainder of the episodes and hit record but I shouldn't have to do that. What is the issue?

There is a setting for a maximum number of episodes of one show to be stored. It needs to be reset. Not a current Dtv sub so can't give you details but that's the issue.

rta53 said:
I am trying to record the Twilight Zone marathon. I have selected both types and record all but it only shows 14 set to record when there are 3 times that many coming on. I can go through the remainder of the episodes and hit record but I shouldn't have to do that. What is the issue?

Often marathons will repeat. Have you checked to see if the fifteenth show isn't a repeat of the first? If so, the DVR won't record it because it's already set to record that episode. It could also be the number of episodes you have set to keep. In series options, set it to keep all episodes.

Often marathons will repeat. Have you checked to see if the fifteenth show isn't a repeat of the first? If so, the DVR won't record it because it's already set to record that episode. It could also be the number of episodes you have set to keep. In series options, set it to keep all episodes.

I thought about the repeating episode thing since I didn't start recording until 1:30PM. I do have it set to keep all episodes. I went through the guide and didn't see any repeating. The wierd thing is that it shows all episodes set to record up to 11:30PM, skips 4 episodes, and then shows another 2 set to record before skipping the last 2. Guess I can just set the rest manually.

I thought about the repeating episode thing since I didn't start recording until 1:30PM. I do have it set to keep all episodes. I went through the guide and didn't see any repeating. The wierd thing is that it shows all episodes set to record up to 11:30PM, skips 4 episodes, and then shows another 2 set to record before skipping the last 2. Guess I can just set the rest manually.

rta,
Are you setting these thru the Guide, the choices for Recording I mean ?

If so, also check the Default settings:
Menu/Recordings/Manage Recordings/Record Defaults.

rta53 said:

Do you have other things set to record that have a higher priority? That's the only other thing I can think of that would cause it. I have had that happen to me.

Humm. I just looked at the guide on my iPad since I'm not at home. There ARE repeats. They seem to be mixed in with other new ones in no particular order.

kattheaunt said:
Do you have other things set to record that have a higher priority? That's the only other thing I can think of that would cause it. I have had that happen to me.

I thought about the higher priority issue so I moved it to the top of the list but still no change. I ended up just going through the guide and setting all the missing ones manually.

rta53 said:
I thought about the higher priority issue so I moved it to the top of the list but still no change. I ended up just going through the guide and setting all the missing ones manually.

I'll be interested to see if you end up with some repeats after all. Let us know?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)