Recording on the S9 Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
I'm trying to record longer than (2) hours on my openbox s9 and when I select the channel and press record it defults to (2) hours recording and stops. Can I change how long it records before it just stops on it's own? I have plenty of hdd space. Also is there a difference or does one work better when formatting NTFS vs. FAT32? Thanks, Chad

Just enter your recording duration - Hours:minutes. I have never recorded more than 2 hrs myself. I use it with an NTFS formated drive, Don't think it limits anything, Just had to select partition 2, as partition 1 is the Windoze part, and is small. (~1/10 the drive)

That default setting of 2 hours is really annoying! If you forget to press the record button to reset the duration on a long recording, the thing will stop recording after two hours. Also, if you are trying to record a half hour of some HD channels on a USB stick, the receiver will see the bit rate and calculate that the stick doesn't have enough room for 2 hours and won't even start to record--nor will it let you reset the time to something shorter. The only way is to set a timer recording...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts