OPENBOX S9 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think its the same as the skybox S9.

aliexpress has some people in china selling for $145 shipped

You should order one and let me know if its any good :D (Joking Around)

Compatible to the dreambox 800, no thanks. lacks tons of features the azbox has... When compared to the blind scan models

is it truley compatible to the dm800 ? like can I flash my own images on it ? I own a dm800 and love it because its opensrc, I quite often am making changes to the src. Something other box's cant do !

is it truley compatible to the dm800 ? like can I flash my own images on it ? I own a dm800 and love it because its opensrc, I quite often am making changes to the src. Something other box's cant do !

If I'm not mistaken, the Openbox is exactly the same as the Solomend. I've never seen anybody talking about flashing any other firmware to the Solomend. I think the verbiage about being compatible with Dreambox was either left in as a mistake, or maybe should be read as "will read keys from a Dreambox server".

it wont do DVB-S2 QPSK ? thats odd

If it's the same as the Solomend, it won't tell you whether it's doing S or S2, let alone QPSK or 8PSK. But I've never heard anybody complaining about not being able to lock a signal with it. I think Fat Air may have been speaking in generalities. Kind of like people who assume all HD is S2, or all HD is MPEG4.

If it's the same as the Solomend, there's a huge Solomend ("SatHawk") thread here already. Lots of issues have been fixed since the initial release. Some issues have NOT been fixed since the initial release, causing some of us to think that they're unfixable.

My solomend does get DVB-S2 and like i said in a earlier post is that the solomend,sathawk and maybe a few others are all the same and the company that makes them wants to use one name only and that is being called the Openbox.This is my take on all this and not 100% sure its correct.

Skybox 9S

I have been contacted by the supplier of these, and have requested a sample unit to test.

They claim it is the same as the DM800HD only the lowest priced DVB-S2 HD receiver on the market.

So far, no reply, but it's night time in China.

I will order one of these, and if it works, I will start carrying them.

I like that it has HDMI out rather than a DVI-HDMI adapter, and the SCART to TV and VCR is great, I can run the SCART into my VCR.

I also carry the CubeRevo HD models if anyone is interested in them.

Hypermegasat sells them and I bought a solomend unit from him a few weeks ago for $179 shipped. It's a tremendous box with quick blindscan that the video is frankly fantastic for a box of this price range. I run with the component out to my HD receiver and I had to do a double take on some of the SNG 480i feeds...I could swear I was looking at 780p!! I have an usb receiver through the computer and those same feeds look washed out and muddy by comparison. Very nice box.

but it doesnt do dvb-s2 qpsk ? that seems like a simple driver issue, Ive never heard of a dvb-s2 tuner that didnt support dvb-s2 qpsk and 8psk both

Okay, just sent me the manual, according to the manual it does: DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK.

So, if someone is having a problem with QPSK, sounds like they need to send it in for repair.

but it doesnt do dvb-s2 qpsk ? that seems like a simple driver issue, Ive never heard of a dvb-s2 tuner that didnt support dvb-s2 qpsk and 8psk both
SLN/SCN at 111.1W is DVB-S2/QPSK and the Solomend picks it up just fine.

The Openbox/Skybox S9 and Invel/Solomend 800 are basically the same hardware with only external cosmetic changes and all use the same firmware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts