Recording problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsoares28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Toronto
I've had my hr24 for about a month and it has worked great until now. I have it set to record real time with bill maher on Friday nights... Sat morning I decided to watch it but when I pressed play I got a black screen then it asked it I wanted to delete the recording... I figured one off problem. I found bill maher in the guide again manually selected it to record and later tried to watch it and same problem.

I tried the above again on a later showing and it worked.

I also have walking dead set to record and we usually start watching it about 15mins in to ff the commercials. I turned on my tv went into the list and selected play from start and I got the black screen with the pop up asking if I wanted to delete the recording. Funny thing is Amc was black also.. Other channels worked . I reset the box and tuned amc and it came in. Could this be a sat aiming issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost certainly a signal strength issue, possible only on one tuner (which is why resetting seems to solve the problem).
Look at your individual transponder signal strengths, particularly on 101, 99c, 103ca and 103cb. Don't worry about the others. Check both tuners.
Post back with all the numbers. If tuner 1 and tuner 2 are different, tell us what the differences are.

Thanks for the reply.. I will check that once I get him from work and post back

Sat 101 is 95% on both tuners
99c 82% tuner 1, 84% tuner 2
103ca 88% tuner 1, 90% tuner 2
103cb 91% tuner 1, 94% tuner 2

Does that look low?

That does not really help. You need to look at EVERY transponder on each of the satellites, to see if there are any transponders giving zero or low signal.

I've had my hr24 for about a month and it has worked great until now. I have it set to record real time with bill maher on Friday nights... Sat morning I decided to watch it but when I pressed play I got a black screen then it asked it I wanted to delete the recording... I figured one off problem. I found bill maher in the guide again manually selected it to record and later tried to watch it and same problem.

I tried the above again on a later showing and it worked.

I also have walking dead set to record and we usually start watching it about 15mins in to ff the commercials. I turned on my tv went into the list and selected play from start and I got the black screen with the pop up asking if I wanted to delete the recording. Funny thing is Amc was black also.. Other channels worked . I reset the box and tuned amc and it came in. Could this be a sat aiming issue?

Like mentioned the dish needs peaked. You also need to force a software download. This was a huge issue a few months go and Directv's bulletin said to force downloads even if you have the most current. Something about being a weird glitch during the download. May not solve the problem but I've seen it fix several.

I tired to force download but got the same software I currently have installed which was downloaded to my box the day I setup jan 31st

I tired to force download but got the same software I currently have installed which was downloaded to my box the day I setup jan 31st

It will until a new software is available. Did you let it finish downloading? Supposedly it's a glitch during the software download and redownloading can fix it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)