Recording question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

geekacres

Original poster
New Hopper user here(like TODAY new)... How do I prioritize the location order where shows should record first ? For example, since we usually watch in the living room, is there a way to record first in the kitchen, then in the den, using the living room only as a last resort ? I know there was a way to set this with my old Dish DVR in settings. I haven't been able to find it on the new toy ! Any help ?

New Hopper user here(like TODAY new)... How do I prioritize the location order where shows should record first ? For example, since we usually watch in the living room, is there a way to record first in the kitchen, then in the den, using the living room only as a last resort ? I know there was a way to set this with my old Dish DVR in settings. I haven't been able to find it on the new toy ! Any help ?

Hi and :welcometo Sat Guys and the Hopper. The Hopper system does not allow you to prioritize the tuners. Each location or recording will pull form one of the three available tuners and when is not available it will prompt you to see what each tuner is doing and you can join one of the sessions in progress. There is no assigned tuners at all. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you!

Tuners are not tied to a particular location like the ViP receivers are. You just pick an available tuner, pick a channel, and watch. If you are currently watching on a tuner, and a recording is about to start, it will use an available tuner if there is one available.

Actually you can sort of prioritize tuners by rearranging the priorities of the timers themselves.

Not much... However if there is a conflict, or you don't care about a recording being interrupted, you can set the timer priority. e.g. Say you have 3 recordings, and try a fourth. The timer with the lowest priority is automatically skipped. Another example, say you have 3 recordings scheduled, however someone is watching Live TV on the Hopper. The recording with the top priority will be the one that asks to interrupt the Hopper viewer. So it is useful for managing tuner conflicts.

Tuner "1" is always assigned as blue. Tuner "2" is assigned as green. Tuner "3" is assigned as purple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)