recordings are pixelated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I've noticed just about all my recordings are so pixelated that it's like watching a show in a storm. The weather has been beautiful so it's not the clouds.( And it is only with recordings.) Have there been a lot of Solar Flares? otherwise I guess I'll try a different recorder in my living room. The problem is with the DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks Everyone:D

It helps to know what channels you are recording, that you were getting bad breakup with playback. Hard drives going bad can cause this, if the feed was fine coming into the system, as it was being watched live at the time.

It doesn't matter what channel I'm recording, that's why I didn't list any. The feed is fine and it has been all along so I guess the HD is going bad. So there goes recording my local channels since my other DVR's don't have a Local hook up. That is the only reason I kept this DVR.

It does sound like your hard drive is going. You could get an AM21 for your other dvr to record ota channels.

Is there anywhere to get the Hard Drive replaced so I can keep using my HR20-700 HD DVR to record my local channels. If I replace it with a newer version it will not get the 7.1,.2,.3,.4., or my PBS or CW.
I don't know if D* allows you to get it repaired on my own dime. and still use it with the card it came with.

You could do it yourself. Not that hard. As for Direct repairing the drive, they do not. They will just send you a replacement unit, and then try to refurbish the one they get back from you, or trash it for salvage, and E-cycle the unit. When they get the units, if the drive is bad, they use a machine that uses a hydraulic driven spike to puncture the platter, so that they cannot be used to retrieve info off of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.