Red Notice on RTN Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
RTN KKYK 42-2 TV is working fine here in Little Rock, Arkansas. Showing Infomercials right now which is normal for them this time of Sunday. BTW, Equity Media is based here in Little Rock. Yes, they are having many financial issues, you all may know this already, but here is a link to a story on Arkansas Business.com.

B-)

Don't you guys remember they sold RTN to the former CEO Luken? I believe they had something like 6 months to buy it back or something of that sort. Looks like today may be the end of that time period. I think that's why their creditors were upset with them and attempting to foreclose. They knew that RTN was the most valuable thing Equity owned and when they sold it off to the former CEO who left and formed his own company any chance they had of getting paid what was owed went with it.

Currently, I am only seeing the "red screen of death" on 6 channels on G18 (4 on 11718, 1 on 11798, and 1 one 12111). Has this number changed since earlier today/last night?

thats all I'm seeing too and from the looks of it, it was channels that Equity didnt own (3 of them are truly subchannels)

on the positive 2 channels have retrojams back on

KFDF in regular audio (11720)
RetroJams in AC-3 (12114)

The front page says that RTN is popping up on AMC 9 ku, I am not getting anything on this bird.

Im tempted to ghetto move the 90cm to that bird today but with the weather I'll wait and see if its going to stay and be worth it in sig strength.

Seems unaffected on WNGS here in Buffalo...then again they usually just show old movies on the weekends, so I don't know if it's RTN content or not.

The channels affected are ones that Equity doesnt own

WNGS they own (the ABC in Buffalo just runs it for them) ;)

The channels affected are ones that Equity doesnt own

WNGS they own (the ABC in Buffalo just runs it for them) ;)

Oh then the sky's aren't going dark on RTN. Why would they put up AMC-9 though? Are they thinking of canning the rest of the birds and move everything over to cheaper transponder space? Gary we need some Unreliable answers??? :D

honestly who knows right now...with this and then the fact Equity owns Intelisat like 1/2 million dollars for sat space who knows what is going on

on the positive 2 channels have retrojams back on

KFDF in regular audio (11720)
RetroJams in AC-3 (12114)
Not to be happy in the sight of a possible RTN demise, but I'm really glad to have my AC3 Retrojams right back where it was! :cool::up

This is sad for Ku Band reception. I have been trying to get my set-up back up after we moved and I have had to be creative all in effort to try to get 123w. I am glad PBS moved to 125w as it is right in my small window but losing RTN is a huge blow. I hope they can get it worked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts