Reds games in NC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

littleguy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Charlotte NC
I bought MLBEI for the first time. SInce the beginning of the year all Reds games are blacked out and it searches my local RSN for the game. I live right outside of Charlotte NC so my local teams are the O's, Nats, Braves and Reds. I called Direct last night and they told me that only OH and KY get channel 661 for Reds games. They said check my local channels and I proceed to tell them I am in NC not OH. He said there is nothing they can do about the blackouts. Direct told me to buy the sports pack and then I will get the reds. I am thinking the reds are going to be blacked out to me all year since ever game so far has been. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The sports pack has alternate channels in the 650 range (652?) that sometimes have Reds games. You may be able to find it there.

I bought MLBEI for the first time. SInce the beginning of the year all Reds games are blacked out and it searches my local RSN for the game. I live right outside of Charlotte NC so my local teams are the O's, Nats, Braves and Reds. I called Direct last night and they told me that only OH and KY get channel 661 for Reds games. They said check my local channels and I proceed to tell them I am in NC not OH. He said there is nothing they can do about the blackouts. Direct told me to buy the sports pack and then I will get the reds. I am thinking the reds are going to be blacked out to me all year since ever game so far has been. Any suggestions would be helpful.
The Reds are on FSN-Cincinnati (661) here but if you bought MLBEI, I would certainly hope you would get them. I mean, that's like deceptive advertising. I would raise holy h-e-double hockey sticks and demand my money back. How can they black out the reds in Charlotte unless you are infact getting them on another channel. do NOT accept this. You're in the right on this and deserve a better explanation from someone. The CSR who said to buy the sports pak is full of it. EVERYTHING is blacked out on that package. I used to have it and you get two dozen channels of the same programming. Good LUCK!!!!:cool:

Answer:

The Reds claim the western part of North Carolina as their "home market". This means that Reds games are blacked out in MLBEI. However, DirecTV chooses to give you only the FS-South with the Braves. It could offer FS-Ohio to you as well with the basic package, but does not. You have to buy the Sports Pack. Sorry.

Answer:

The Reds claim the western part of North Carolina as their "home market". This means that Reds games are blacked out in MLBEI. However, DirecTV chooses to give you only the FS-South with the Braves. It could offer FS-Ohio to you as well with the basic package, but does not. You have to buy the Sports Pack. Sorry.

IF the Reds claim his area in NC as their home then he should get the 661 channels.

I would call the FSN on this one and ask what areas they cover according to thier rules.

I did this with the Tigers/Wings when I was not getting them, they contacted D* and made the appropriate changes and it was fixed in a week.

littleguy,
Whats your zip code ?

Try this link and put your zip code in and see what it says.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

If it includes the Reds (as I suspect) call D* and tell them to check thier RSN guide.

Jimbo

Answer:

To the OP... maybe I'm wrong about the sportspak, but I cannot see them giving you more than one market with that. Like I said, when I had it all I got was "the best damn sports..." about two dozen different times. As jimbo said, pursue it until you get the answer you deserve!:cool:

To the OP... maybe I'm wrong about the sportspak, but I cannot see them giving you more than one market with that. Like I said, when I had it all I got was "the best damn sports..." about two dozen different times. As jimbo said, pursue it until you get the answer you deserve!:cool:

HDinCincy,
There are alot of areas that get more than one RSN.
In Ohio alone, you get FSN Ohio and FSN Cincy and probably STO depending on where you are.

You have to get the Sports Pack to get the Reds, even though the Reds claim the area. It's the same in Utah with the Diamondbacks. You have to get the Sports Pack to get the D-Backs.

I thought sportspak games were blacked out. My zip is 28110. Also just used your link jimbo and it says to get 661 I need to order the premier package. I am not doing that.

Last edited:
Sports Pack games are Blacked Out IF it's not in your designated area.

All you need to do is order the Sports Package, not the priemeir package.

=======================================================

The 28110 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

Mid Atlantic Sports Network (Ch. 640) - HD Available
# Nationals (HD Available)
# Orioles (HD Available)

FSN South (Ch. 646) - HD Available
# Braves (HD Available)
# Carolina Hurricanes (HD Available)
# Charlotte Bobcats (HD Available)

SportsSouth (Ch. 649) - HD Available
# Braves (HD Available)
# Charlotte Bobcats (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 661) - HD Available
# Reds (HD Available)

I would print this out so you have it available and call them back.

(not this post, the D* page that has this info on it.)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts