Reed Switch

straffer44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
peterborough, ontario
I need a new reed switch and have read in a few threads that a Magnetic Door Switch will work. These are available on amazon Canada:

Amazon product ASIN B00PZMG980
My old switch is normally closed, has anyone tried using one of these security switches? I just have to measure my old switch to see if the new one will fit.

stephen

I used a reed switch from a magnetic door switch to replace the reed switch on my bicycle's computer. The bicycle computer has been working fine for several years using the door switch guts as a wheel speed sensor. Of course, all door reed switches are not the same, but I'd give one a try and expect it to work. Normally open or normally closed - it shouldn't make any which configuration you use.

Just had some time to install the new switch and at first it did not work. Tonight for some reason it works only in one direction and not the other. Too busy at work right now to play with it. Maybe there is more going on than the switch or its just the placement.

Just had some time to install the new switch and at first it did not work. Tonight for some reason it works only in one direction and not the other. Too busy at work right now to play with it. Maybe there is more going on than the switch or its just the placement.

What positioner are you using? If you are using a vbox and the dish only moves in one direction, it's usually a bad relay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts