REELZ HD now on 299

I wonder if there will be a big press release to announce it.... :)

Actually, if you read the initial press release (when the channel was uploaded) carefully, it was pretty easy to infer that REELZ-HD was just a temporary addition. Better to be able to see "The Kennedys" in HD than not, but it seems that the "HD threshold" on REELZ-HD fell below the Dish HD critical level. Kind of hard to believe with some of the channels Dish has added (and kept full time) but apparently there just wasn't enough HD programming to warrant going full-time.

Why the complaints??? Dish was the only national provider it appears that showed the program in HD. There is very little on that channel in HD right? What a waste of space it would be.

Why the complaints??? Dish was the only national provider it appears that showed the program in HD. There is very little on that channel in HD right? What a waste of space it would be.

Actually, there's quite a bit of HD content on there. Most of the movies are shown in HD, alot of the movie shows are in HD, and the newer TV shows it has on are in HD. Beats channels like Tru, CNBC, and the Centric/Logo combo.

Actually, there's quite a bit of HD content on there. Most of the movies are shown in HD, alot of the movie shows are in HD, and the newer TV shows it has on are in HD. Beats channels like Tru, CNBC, and the Centric/Logo combo.

Yea, I would tend to agree with this. I haven't done a survey but my guess is there are at least one or two HD channels Dish has on full time that have less HD content than REELZ-HD (I mean, even new series on TruTV are in stretch-o-vision).

I am bummed Reelz HD will be dropped after the Kennedy's is done. I have never watched the channel before but over the past few days I have checked it out and there are some decent shows on there - like Maltin on Movies, Masters of Horror, etc. Seems like a shame to drop it back to SD only for no reason just because the mini-series is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)