Refs Blow Yet Another Call

I don't believe a flag was thrown by an official for the "illegal pass". I am shocked that the replay official can in essence, call a penalty on the field. I thought the job of the replay official was to potentially correct blown calls made by officials (IB or OB, catch or no catch, etc.)

The call on the field was for a Steeler touchdown and the officals were supposedly calling for the players for the extra point attempt :confused: If the Steeler TD was allowed, you wouldn't need to attempt the try.... poor job by all officials in this game.

What about the disparity in penalties called?? 13 against the Steelers, only 2 for the Chargers??

There was many of holds against Harrison that could of been called, but wasn't.

That sticky thread seems to serve a purpose for NFL discussions that don't warrant their own thread. Looking at some of the most recent posts there I see many members discussing the merits of their favorite teams and busting balls of other teams as well as references to the Tampa Bay Rays. :confused:

I happen to believe that the inability of the on and off-field officials to get the calls right and communicate them to us is a worthy topic for it's own thread.

I agree.

now that NFL thread has morphed into essentially an IM conversation between two members about tonight's game.

HD and I are the only fans of the teams in tonight's game.

You tryt

In contrast, the Bengals and Steelers, who play on Thursday, have multiple fans.

That sticky thread seems to serve a purpose for NFL discussions that don't warrant their own thread. Looking at some of the most recent posts there I see many members discussing the merits of their favorite teams and busting balls of other teams as well as references to the Tampa Bay Rays. :confused:

I happen to believe that the inability of the on and off-field officials to get the calls right and communicate them to us is a worthy topic for it's own thread.

I agree with this. I also think that MNF should have a separate thread each week, so we don't have to wade through 3 pages of play-by-play of the game to find something more relevant.

I agree with this. I also think that MNF should have a separate thread each week, so we don't have to wade through 3 pages of play-by-play of the game to find something more relevant.

Agreed. That way if someone doesn't want to read people saying how good or bad there team is doing for nine damn pages, they don't have to see it, and it's not stuck in a sticky.

HD and I are the only fans of the teams in tonight's game.

You tryt

In contrast, the Bengals and Steelers, who play on Thursday, have multiple fans.

Yeah, well I probably won't be posting during the game. My computer is in a different room than the TV. I might check some during commercials.

Agreed. That way if someone doesn't want to read people saying how good or bad there team is doing for nine damn pages, they don't have to see it, and it's not stuck in a sticky.

Don't worry. My Browns only have 1 more Monday Night game for me to get buck wild about. :)

okay so I was TICKED about this call, and I am glad the steelers didnt try and fight it as they won the game, but I must say does lend a BIG argument to refs being paid off, refs arent there to influence a game and change a outcome, sadly this has happened, and ScO you are right, kidna weird there was a 13 to 1 yard ratio on penalities against the steelers, especially when pittsburgh is one of the loudest in saying they are unfair as it is...and whoever said there was hold calls that were missed agains the chargers couldnt be more right, I understand missing some, and letting people play but there were some on 3rd down where players should have been tackled for a loss or low gain and instead busted a 8-12 yard run...sad really :( hope this is a fluke and dosent happen to ANY other football team this year.

I thought replay was going to stop all of these bad calls;)

now they want to add the option for a 2nd look at the replay. what the hell? a member here said that they should make the ref's job a full time job. i agree. train and test these refs vigorously.

I'm in an office pool where the ONLY thing that matters is wins, not points-spread.

In the Steeler game, all I cared about was Jeff Reed's winning field goal, not whether someone covers the spread and gets some dirty (sexy) money.

Picked the same teams I picked on here, and I went 13-1-1.

I'm in an office pool where the ONLY thing that matters is wins, not points-spread.

In the Steeler game, all I cared about was Jeff Reed's winning field goal, not whether someone covers the spread and gets some dirty (sexy) money.

Picked the same teams I picked on here, and I went 13-1-1.

you wanna share some of that dough ? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts