Refurb HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Tate said:
So if you buy a new car and in 1 year the starter goes out, you are saying you expect a new car because you payed for a new one in the beginning.:rolleyes:

You bet your rear end I do, that's why I paid the premium for the type of insurance that I have!!!

I had a similar situation come up a while ago. The tech didn't know what he was doing on the install (with the OTA channel setup) and thought the receiver was bad so he ordered me a new one (I got everything up and running after he left). When i got the replacement it was a refurbished which had scratches on it and also had the remote control loose in the box. I called an complained that this was unacceptable and as long term D* customer from 1994 thought it was BS. They elevated me to a supervisor who agreed and they offered to send a NIB replacement if I needed one in the future. I will not pay $300 for something and have it replaced with some beat up refurb.

The Tate said:
So if you buy a new car and in 1 year the starter goes out, you are saying you expect a new car because you payed for a new one in the beginning.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would the dealership send me a "refurbished" car or would they fix the existing car for no cost because it's under warranty?

I'm totally fine with them fixing my current HD Tivo but apparently that isn't an option.

Good try.

Phod said:

Would the dealership send me a "refurbished" car or would they fix the existing car for no cost because it's under warranty?

I'm totally fine with them fixing my current HD Tivo but apparently that isn't an option.

Good try.

Good try? What the hell are you talking about? I am stating a fact. You said:
Phod said:
As someone suggested in this thread, I'm kind of disgusted that I am not being sent a new one. I paid a lot of money for this HD DVR and it's only 9 months old. I am a long-time customer who spends way too much money on DirecTV and its packages to be treated so poorly.

Fixing your current Tivo and them sending you Refurb is the same thing.
You are still getting a unit that has been used and is fixed and bought back to its new condition.

Good try on your end to try to spin something I said.:p

The Tate said:
Good try? What the hell are you talking about? I am stating a fact. You said:

Fixing your current Tivo and them sending you Refurb is the same thing.
You are still getting a unit that has been used and is fixed and bought back to its new condition.

Good try on your end to try to spin something I said.:p

Actually it's not the same thing. Because I got a refurbished unit that was broken and am now having to wait for ANOTHER refurbished to be sent. How is that fixing my original unit?

Good try.

Phod said:

Actually it's not the same thing. Because I got a refurbished unit that was broken and am now having to wait for ANOTHER refurbished to be sent. How is that fixing my original unit?

Good try.

I don't have the time ;)

Phod said:

Good try.

i am sure they send the refurb unit so you wouldnt have to wait as long for the fix. i have found and bought many refurbed products over the years with relatively few problems. many new products have these same issues, defective right out of the box. i agree that qc should be better at making sure that these boxes work correctly but in their defense i bet those ups/fedex employees that transported the unit to you took great care, hope this works out well for you

stevesmall said:
i am sure they send the refurb unit so you wouldnt have to wait as long for the fix. i have found and bought many refurbed products over the years with relatively few problems. many new products have these same issues, defective right out of the box. i agree that qc should be better at making sure that these boxes work correctly but in their defense i bet those ups/fedex employees that transported the unit to you took great care, hope this works out well for you

this guy is not going to listen to what you say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)