Remote conflict with H20 and R15

Status
Please reply by conversation.

THX1138

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
This is my first post. I had my HD system updated this past Sunday. They put in the H20 and the R15. Now I have a problem, the remotes are the same and I have been unable to find a solution. Both of these units sit in my cabinet. I have tried changing the code. It will not work. Any Help?
Thanks
THX1138

The R15 uses a RC23 remote and the H20 uses a RC24 remote the Rc24 is capable of IR or UHF. Follow the instructions for setting the H20 up for UHF no more remote problems.

Thank You for the quick reply. It worked

Again thanks for the help. I did as you sugested and now everything is correct.
Someone should let D know about this as they said I was stuck.
THX1138

Setting the H20 to RF, prevents the RC23 remote from controlling the H20. but the RC24 emits both Rf & IR at the time, so it should still control both receivers. But setting the R15 to AV1/AV2 codeset, code 00002, will stop the conflicts.

Edmund said:
Setting the H20 to RF, prevents the RC23 remote from controlling the H20. but the RC24 emits both Rf & IR at the time, so it should still control both receivers. But setting the R15 to AV1/AV2 codeset, code 00002, will stop the conflicts.
Sorry but you are wrong the RC24 outputs either IR or UHF not both for the satellite. I have this setup in my showroom, I also have a D11 and use AV1 so the three receivers can be used without interferrence. Directv is aware of this shortcoming but so far hasn't done anything to correct it.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts