REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bahknight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
florida
i have h24 and a few d 12 receivers none of my remote controls will work for the h24, anybody have an idea what could be wrong . It worked fine last nite but not today a bit puzzled any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Reset the H24 if you haven't already.

If that doesn't work, go into remote settings and make sure the model id still says DirecTV.

Do you have the receiver set to RF mode? If you do or don't know, use the front panel buttons to go into the remote settings and change to IR. Then check with the other remotes. If they work then you can leave it IR or try to program to RF.

did as u said reset receiver went into menu remote settings via front of receiver is set to directv and is also ir will try to set up rf still not workin on ir all other receivers work fine. well back to c if i could get the rf workin

did as u said reset receiver went into menu remote settings via front of receiver is set to directv and is also ir will try to set up rf still not workin on ir all other receivers work fine. well back to c if i could get the rf workin

What model remotes are they ?

its an rc 65 remote receiver model h24-700 tried rf didn't work tried defaulting receiver no help any other ideas would be great

If it's set to IR and you've reset and then still can't get any D* remote in the house to work then it's probably time to call D* to get a tech out. Oh, and in case you haven't done it, make sure there's no smudges on the remote sensor on the receiver then try a remote again.

More than likely, if everything has failed then the box went bad but D* usually won't replace boxes for remote issues. It's going to be a service call since it's rare for the remote sensor to go out. The rep may want you to try and reformat the box, reset while on the phone etc so if you do need to call make sure you have some time available.

Make sure the receiver is back into IR mode, since you do not have any RF remotes, with receiver in IR mode, test all IR codes from 00001 through 00008:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1, if not try code 00002, and so on

Make sure the receiver is back into IR mode, since you do not have any RF remotes, with receiver in IR mode, test all IR codes from 00001 through 00008:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1, if not try code 00002, and so on

x2 and if no success try this.

1. repeat
2. repeat
3. enter 981. it will blink 4 times instead of 2

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure the sliding mode button at the top of the remote is in the directv mode?

Status
Please reply by conversation.