Remote Control use after splitting HDMI??

jashea

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
PA
I am new to the forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a TV in the upstairs bedroom using a VIP622 receiver. I want to split the HDMI in order to keep HD TV to another TV in our kitchen which is on the floor directly below the bedroom. I was able to split the signal using 75' of HDM cable however I am having remote control issues. I have an extra IR/UHF PRO 6.3 remote. I was able to get it working on TV 1 while in the same room however when I go outside of the room it will not work. I tried running some CATV cable hooked up to the remote antenna but it still would not work. The remote works fine when using the TV2 out route, however it is not an HD signal.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the remote to work? The only thing I did not try is to have TV 1 off when trying to change the channel.

Did you program the remote to control TV with a UHF frequency? The 6.3 remotes have a key at the bottom that shows Green with a # 1 on the front. You need to switch the key out with the one that says "1 UHF" in order to control TV1 when in a separate room. If you need additional instructions please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thank you!

P.S. :welcome

did you change the remote ID's & set it for UHF?

if you go to the system info screen it will tell you what it sees for remote. Menu - 6 - 1 - 3

from dish's instructions

1. Confirm customer is using 6.3 Replacement remote.
  2. Using the original Green Indicator Tab IR remote control at TV1, Press the MENU button on the remote control in SAT mode.
  3. Select System Setup, Installation, System Info.
  4. Put the Green UHF Pro Indicator Tab with the black number "1" in the 6.3 Replacement Remote.
  5. Press record.
  6. The Primary Remote address field should now say UHF Pro Band A.
  7. After completion, select Done to exit the System Info screen.
You would be carrying the TV1 remote down to the other location to use it ... not sure if / how to make two remotes use the same UHF setting to allow you to keep one remote in both locations and operate TV1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts