REMOTE RC71

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Directv has on there web that you can get RC71 with optional blacklit buttons. I called on the remote it is a RC71B. SO how do i get one. Is it that new of a remote.

Directv has on there web that you can get RC71 with optional blacklit buttons. I called on the remote it is a RC71B. SO how do i get one. Is it that new of a remote.

Yes it is, I've yet to see the backlit one in the wild. I would assume you'd need to call back and see if you can order one and have it drop shipped

RC71B

It will be the luck of the draw if i will get the RC71B the guy told me.

If you read the description of the backlit remote, you see it's of the older type of remote, just has the wrong photo. There is no backlit rc71.

If you read the description of the backlit remote, you see it's of the older type of remote, just has the wrong photo. There is no backlit rc71.

There is a back lit 71, I've just never seen one personally but according to Directv's monthly video there is one but we don't stock them like a normal remote

RC71B

I called and talked to someone in tech and he found it, and called it RC71B.

Just so you know, the 71 series remotes only work with the HR44 in rf mode.

I'd like a backlight RC71 for the bedroom, in fact I was surprised there wasn't one out when I upgraded to the HR44.

Simply put - I hit the PREV button way too often when trying to find the 30 second skip by feel in the dark.

Smoke

Called Directv again the guy that i talked to last night said that there is a RC71B remote. Today no such remote and looking at all blog i show no RC71B. I guess the guy i talked to last night blew smoke up my xxxx. :rolleyes:

Called Directv again the guy that i talked to last night said that there is a RC71B remote. Today no such remote and looking at all blog i show no RC71B. I guess the guy i talked to last night blew smoke up my xxxx. :rolleyes:

No they have a back lit 71 remote, I figured directv would have it showing on their website by now

RC71 remote is showing up but not one person knows about it. WHY? Ilike to have it.

Bad link ?
It worked when I clicked on it. Just go to Solidsignal.com and pull up the DirecTV Remotess. This is the info for the remote for that link. The only thing is, that it is a Hotel remote, but you get the idea. Remotes are the worse culprit for bacteria growth. I would like the Backlit for out bedroom, now that it was brought up. But there are some that need the Germ free remote in their homes, or workplaces.

[h=1]DIRECTV RC70H DRE Remote For Hotels With Anti Microbial Coating (RC70H)[/h]
Model: RC70H | SKU: <700112818752

Availability: In Stock
The DIRECTV RC70H is a new remote designed for DIRECTV Residential Experience.It includes all the features of the RC50 hotel remote in a more attractive package. More >
? DVR-compatible (when used in hotels)
? Designed to control most hotel TVs using a single remote
? Infra-red only
? Simplified design made specifically with hotel users in mind
? Uses two AA batteries
Our Price: $16.99

Doesn't work for me, either.
I tried the link, and it worked. May just be how Solidsignal.com does their url's. The remote is the Hotel one, that is Anti-microbial. Was not meant to be off topic, just a suggestion, since the other as being stated, is not available. Worse culprits of bactera are remotes, cellphones, keyboards & mice.

I have seen keyboards & remotes so bad, that they were actually growing fuzz on them. Due to how much gunk & bacteria was on them.

I think that really the best way if you want a way to have a lit remote, is just use your smartphone or tablet. At least then, you can design your own remote control app, if you are good with programming, if you do not find one in particular that meets your needs.

RC71B

The link is RC70H not RC71 or RC71B and again i reread the Directv web page for the RC71. So at some point we will have a blacklit RC71 or RC71B.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.