Rename Your Town 'DISH,' Get Free Satellite TV for 10 Years

Here's what I want to know: how would they actually execute this? Go door-to-door installing systems?
And what about new residents? Let's say someone moves to the town a week after it all gets going - do they get a free system as well??

Purogamer said:
I get the distinct feeling that Darkman is a Dish employee, because no one in their right mind can be into this nonsense that dish is talking about.
Darkman is DISH employee.. - Ya.. Right!!!
AHAHA.. :p
( i d say no one in their right mind can say something like that, expecially if one have been around.... ... if one is a Newbie - one could be forgiven i suppose ;) )

Dude.. it's adveritizing stunt.. that's all it is .. to bring some attention...

Other than that .. AT 60 is better than nothing.. (to me anyhow.. if had NO TV.. and someone was giving me AT 60 for FREE for 10 years - i would not have minded :) .. but that's me anyways..)

Besides - i am sure one would be able to upgrade to a higher package if wanted.. i am sure..
For the price of course.. not all things in life are FREE after all, you know...

Peace....

Well the PR is working for Dish in Olrando.

The local news is about to run a story about it on the 5 o' clock news...

Dish must be loving the free press :D

BFG said:
Well the PR is working for Dish in Olrando.

The local news is about to run a story about it on the 5 o' clock news...

Dish must be loving the free press :D

And there you go, at least someone around here is finally getting it! If a town bites all the better, but it's all about people hearing the name Dish. Plus from what I hear, there is a town in Georgia looking into it! :D

I figured earlier today that when they showed that on our local news that they were doing it to get free publicity and taking the chance that no huge town would actually take the offer. Whats next, naming a town Echostar 1, another Echostar 2, etc? It is a very unique interesting idea though.

If I lived in Dishman Springs, Kentucky, I would be contacting Dish. All they have to do is black out some letters on their "Welcome to Dishman" sign and on the Post Office.

There is also Dishaw, New York.

Disque, Washington
Disco - in three states Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan
Dissen, Missouri

Or perhaps Direct, Texas

ahaha.. That actually is Funny :D

(this virgil is as white though as white can get) :)

I do NOT ask permission.. - i just use logic.. and proper procedures - Proper credits were given after all! ;)

P.S. I hope you ment me above (and not virgil = those towns, Ted DiBiase = high goverments, and legal thingies) .. AHAHA :p

This was in todays Salem News (Salem Massachusetts)

Attachments

• dish_news.jpg
    dish_news.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 111
Gee, this could start a trend. How about a town for Lesbians called Kotex. Probably would need to be a wet climate with good drainage. Let me think on this a bit and I could probably come up with some more. :what

note: just a joke only :sorry:

Purogamer said:
With all the nonsense going on at dish, and no new info of any importance, who's ready for that next chat?? Huh? HUH???
With a little luck I'll be out of town and won't even be tempted to watch it. ;)

ats7627 said:
Street names for the Town of DISH.

Dish Street, with the Town Hall at 119 and the annex at 110.
Legacy Lane
SuperDish Blvd
DishPro Ave
Acquiring Satellite Signal Loop. 1 entry way and no exits.
No Compelling Content Way
921 Debacle Road
Name Based Recording Court
No New HD Highway
Charlie Chat Parkway

How about:

811 Suck Drive :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)