Please help me

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I had to begin my seasonal migration of my living room and move my tv away from our cold air returns for the upcoming cooler seasons.

I unhooked my dish box, and hooked it back up. When I got it hooked back up I'm getting an error saying my switch box configuration is wrong. What in the heck is going on here?

How can my switch box be configured wrong when I watched tv this morning?

Does anyone know anything I can do to watch tv again? My kids are getting upset that they're going to miss the new spongebob. I've called dish and have a tech coming on Monday.

I'd much rather figure this out myself and watch tv sooner.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I ran a check switch

Nothing happens, it runs through 50 of them and nothing happens.

Re-check your cables especially the connectors. If your satellite in cable goes through a wall plate, you may want to remove the wallplate and check the connector going into the plate. Cable connectors can be the source of a lot of problems.

My cables

Run through the walls. I have checked all of the ends they're in great shape. Both of the blue connectors are connected to satellite 1 and 2, the other cable is running into the other room for the dual dvr and it has the same messages that appear on the first tv.

just to clarify you did instead of hooking up the cable to the wall plate, you took the wall plate out, and ran that cable directly to the reciever? removing the wall plate will help as some of those things are crappy!

okay going back to reread your first post
tell us about your setup, do you have what reciever, and what switches etc. etc. the more we know the more it will help us

I have

The Dish Dual DVR and a super dish, I have never touched the switches so I don't know. All I did was unhook the two blue "coded" wires from the back and moved the box about 10 feet to a different wall. I hooked the two blue coded wires back up and now nothing works. It's a wonderful world.

thats your only reciever correct? have you tried switching the wires on the back, try 1 in slot 2 and 2 in slot 1, I know it sounds stupid, but its worth a shot

Stuart

I've honestly switched them so many times I'm not sure which one is which anymore. I had traced them earlier in the day to figure out which one came in the house where. But now I don't know the difference.

okay, first, unplug your reciever, let it sit there for a couple minutes, plug it back in and let it fire up, see if that gets it going, for some reason its not detecting a satellite on both tuners, or it would only run 1 of 5 check switches, not 1 of 50 or whatever, make sure you have the coax plugged in from the satellite, andnot the one that goes to the other room : I am not calling you stupid but Ijust moved my bedroom around and got my coax all mixed up, but try pulling the plug adn reset it

Stuart

I have a dumb question, and this is just for my own sanity.

If I have one of the satelittle cables in the #2 slot, it wouldn't have tuning stuff on the second tv would it?

I've got to leave, I'm a sports writer for my local paper and have to go cover an away high school football game. So I'm going to leave it unplugged for the next 7 hours or so. If it doesn't reset in that time, it's not going to.

I really appreciate your help.

I dont understand your question, but let us know how the reset goes, and enjoy the game, I love my local paper here in ohio the ABJ lots of good sports writers!

Okay...

I think I'm officially screwed, I left my dish unplugged all night plugged it in and got this gigantic error, saying that one of the switches is bad, blah blah blah. It was a full page error that was all text.

I noticed something when I started my Box this morning though, my DVR sounded like it was going to explode. I think I managed to “jostle” it correctly in the 14 foot march across my living room that I screwed up my DVR 522 box.

I’m going to assume Dish is going to want me to pay for a whole new box to have TV back. It’s a wonderful world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts