Replace dp34 with a dp44 plus

johnisback

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Hi,
I currently have a superdish with a dp34 switch and two 301 receivers in seperate rooms. I want to upgrade the one to a 522 receiver. I understand that I need two feeds for this receiver which currently I don't have. I also want to avoid opening holes and passing new cables through the house. So my question is: if I go up to the roof and replace the dp34 with a dp44 plus and use a dish pro plus seperator will this work? Is there anything else that I should know?

You shouldn't need a DPP44 switch because that's for a 4 satellite connection.
Your DP34 has four outputs which I imagine is now going to two rooms in your house. You can try using the DP separator with one line but that doesn't work or reduces your signal too much then you may wined up running another line from your DP34 to your main location.
Don't spend $200 for a DPP44 unless you want to add 61.5 or 148 to your superdish.

are you using the 522 in single mode or dual? If you intend the # 2 side you will also need a rated diplexor for the backfeed.

jergenf said:
You shouldn't need a DPP44 switch because that's for a 4 satellite connection.
Your DP34 has four outputs which I imagine is now going to two rooms in your house. You can try using the DP separator with one line but that doesn't work or reduces your signal too much then you may wined up running another line from your DP34 to your main location.
Don't spend $200 for a DPP44 unless you want to add 61.5 or 148 to your superdish.

He wants to use the DPP separator...cant use it with a DP34..just the DPP44

He doesnt want to run a 2nd line from the DP34 to the 522

yes but he follows the dogs go UND, he is very knowledgable though and will offer advice to anyone who needs it

A diplexer is only needed if the intent is to share the satellite feed cable with the TV2 output.

Just for reference, there are at least 2-3 other ways to feed TV2 - depending on the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)