Replace HR-21 and HR-23 with HR44 and client - self install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsbaker

Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I'm looking into replacing two of my receivers with an HR44 and a genie client since they are deathly slow. I don't want to go through directv to have it done if at all possible. I already have a SWM system ( self installed ) and wanted to know if I purchase the receivers from Solid Signal or unused / activated from Ebay will i run into problems getting them activated? I know purchasing them like that still means they are leased which is not an issue.

Last edited:
Is your swm verified by Directv? If so, they MAY let you do a self install, but don't count on it. Call and ask. Are you a mover and that's why you don't want them to do it?

I picked up a HR44 from a local dealer and did a self install as it's more or less plug & play. I called it in and they asked me were I got it from I gave them the name of the dealer, they authorized it & waited on the phone till it was up & running and that was it. It was pretty easy actually.

If your account is flagged swm in our system they will allow you to activate them yourself if you purchase from solid signal. If it is not they don't have to approve the activation but there should technically be nothing to prevent them from activating.

After you activate the genie it will run through installation verification where it checks the alignment of your dish and some other technical factors. As long as this passes.. your all set. If I.V. fails you will need a tech out to fix the issue whatever it may be and there is no way around that. The box will not fully activate until iv passes and only a tech division of dtv can issue a waiver of iv, and they will not give that to a customer under any circumstances. You can try to repeak the dish yourself if that is the issue (if there is an issue)

But otherwise all should be good.

Is your swm verified by Directv? If so, they MAY let you do a self install, but don't count on it. Call and ask. Are you a mover and that's why you don't want them to do it?

It's not verified by Directv since I did the install myself and as of yet haven't had a need for it to be verified. Yes basically a mover which is why i don't want them doing it.

Since a Genie requires a swm setup, and they don't know other than your say so, I doubt they will allow a self install in this case. Like I said earlier, call and ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)