replace R-15?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cobra2225

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
ky
i have a 1 1/2 yr.old dtv tivo only used it about 2 weeks i only have have 1 tv
but i want to use my old tivo,and keep the R-15 for an extra, will dtv let me
do this ? i bought the tivo at best buy 1 1/2 yrs ago/

You can have as many receiver you want to pay for. I have 3 receivers on my main TV (HR20, a DirecTivo and an old Hughes E-86). DirecTV will happily take your $5 a month extra receiver fee. :D

You can have as many receiver you want to pay for. I have 3 receivers on my main TV (HR20, a DirecTivo and an old Hughes E-86). DirecTV will happily take your $5 a month extra receiver fee. :D

i don't want to keep the r-15 active, just need one reciever for 1 t.v.
and i would like to use my dtv tivo

My problem is I have a D11-300 that works really well but I wanted to keep it for a spare and get a D12-300.D* told me to get one(D-12) I would have to buy one cause their new and they can't guarantee me one if I order it through them.But when I did I could not keep the D-11 as a spare cause it's leased and I only have 1 receiver on my account so I would have to send it in.

If you deactivate a leased receiver you have to return it to Directv. If the D11 is working correctly there is little reason to replace it with a D12. The main difference between the two is the ability of the D12 to use the upcoming SWM (single wire multiswitch) but with a single receiver there is no reason to do that.

If you deactivate a leased receiver you have to return it to Directv. If the D11 is working correctly there is little reason to replace it with a D12. The main difference between the two is the ability of the D12 to use the upcoming SWM (single wire multiswitch) but with a single receiver there is no reason to do that.

The D12-300 does have digital audio out that the D11 doesn't also uses a two prong plugin.I was just trying to relate to cobra a similar problem.
So cobra it looks like if you like the R-15 you should keep it and keep the Tivo as a spare.I plan to keep my D11 and I picked up a D12-300 from Ebay to have as a spare.;)

D* sometimes does not ask for standard receivers to be returned. I have two that were deactivated several months ago that they have never asked for.

Of course, I don't know for sure that they won't...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)