cobra2225

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
ky
i have a 1 1/2 yr.old dtv tivo only used it about 2 weeks i only have have 1 tv
but i want to use my old tivo,and keep the R-15 for an extra, will dtv let me
do this ? i bought the tivo at best buy 1 1/2 yrs ago/

You can have as many receiver you want to pay for. I have 3 receivers on my main TV (HR20, a DirecTivo and an old Hughes E-86). DirecTV will happily take your $5 a month extra receiver fee. :D

You can have as many receiver you want to pay for. I have 3 receivers on my main TV (HR20, a DirecTivo and an old Hughes E-86). DirecTV will happily take your $5 a month extra receiver fee. :D

i don't want to keep the r-15 active, just need one reciever for 1 t.v.
and i would like to use my dtv tivo

My problem is I have a D11-300 that works really well but I wanted to keep it for a spare and get a D12-300.D* told me to get one(D-12) I would have to buy one cause their new and they can't guarantee me one if I order it through them.But when I did I could not keep the D-11 as a spare cause it's leased and I only have 1 receiver on my account so I would have to send it in.

If you deactivate a leased receiver you have to return it to Directv. If the D11 is working correctly there is little reason to replace it with a D12. The main difference between the two is the ability of the D12 to use the upcoming SWM (single wire multiswitch) but with a single receiver there is no reason to do that.

If you deactivate a leased receiver you have to return it to Directv. If the D11 is working correctly there is little reason to replace it with a D12. The main difference between the two is the ability of the D12 to use the upcoming SWM (single wire multiswitch) but with a single receiver there is no reason to do that.

The D12-300 does have digital audio out that the D11 doesn't also uses a two prong plugin.I was just trying to relate to cobra a similar problem.
So cobra it looks like if you like the R-15 you should keep it and keep the Tivo as a spare.I plan to keep my D11 and I picked up a D12-300 from Ebay to have as a spare.;)

D* sometimes does not ask for standard receivers to be returned. I have two that were deactivated several months ago that they have never asked for.

Of course, I don't know for sure that they won't...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts