Replacement HR44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

railroaddonna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2012
Platte County MO
HI,
The HDMI port on my HR44 was damaged in a storm last week. I don't have the DirecTV protection plan. Is there anyway to get a replacement receiver without having to pay $399.00? I am not planning on keeping DirecTV after my contract expires in January 2018.

Call them and tell them the hdmi port is bad, don't tell them why. Let them know the only option for hd you have is through hdmi. They should send a new one at no cost except for shipping.

HI,
The HDMI port on my HR44 was damaged in a storm last week. I don't have the DirecTV protection plan. Is there anyway to get a replacement receiver without having to pay $399.00? I am not planning on keeping DirecTV after my contract expires in January 2018.
All you do is call them up and say that your receiver is not working and when they ask you to do some "tests" say that it will not power up so there is nothing you can do. They will charge you $20.00 for shipping out the new receiver, when you get it you will use that box to return the old receiver, VERY SIMPLE.

Tell them it won't power on and if has a strange smell to it. I'd also recommend that you just power it off when you call just in case they can send a command to it via the sat and have it return a result via the internet connection.

All you do is call them up and say that your receiver is not working and when they ask you to do some "tests" say that it will not power up so there is nothing you can do. They will charge you $20.00 for shipping out the new receiver, when you get it you will use that box to return the old receiver, VERY SIMPLE.
To add to this, they normally put the return label in the bottom of the box.

I agree, it saves you about an hour of Bullsh!t troubleshooting.

They will just make you verify it's plugged in 20 times.

I don't think they will replace it for just hdmi. They will get you to try to hook up via component.
Then they will ask to make sure you have power and the lights are on at the house !

Then they will ask to make sure you have power and the lights are on at the house !
I have had them ask if there is power to the outlet and can you check the circuit breaker!

Status
Please reply by conversation.