Replacement remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SA Cop

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
It seems that the remote for my R10 system has grown legs and walked away. Any suggestions on where I can buy a new one that won't cost me an arm or leg? Thanks.

DTv will sell a white remote, they do not have peanut remotes or any oem remotes for sale.

Want a true peanut, the cheapest is ebay.

If you dont care for the TIVO standard (peanut) remote than Directv will give you their standard (white) remote, it works just as well only you will have to press menu to turn on the box, and if you ask nicely it might be free...

Or you could order a SA tivo remote direct from Tivo for $35. I have a SA tivo and a R10 and the SA remote works on both. The only different is the TV pwr button is on top instead on lower left of remote.
http://www.tivo.com/2.7.1.asp

Many buying the $15 white remote are getting the Rc16/ urc-1081 remotes, works great on D10/r15 receivers. But only control tivos partially, because the only SAT codes it accepts controls D10 series of sats. There is a code you can program only on the AV1 or AV2 devices, 20618, but many of the keys, like GUIDE are locked to the DTV symbol device and it only controls d10/r15 and alike receivers

Edmund said:
Many buying the $15 white remote are getting the Rc16/ urc-1081 remotes, works great on D10/r15 receivers. But only control tivos partially, because the only SAT codes it accepts controls D10 series of sats. There is a code you can program only on the AV1 or AV2 devices, 20618, but many of the keys, like GUIDE are locked to the DTV symbol device and it only controls d10/r15 and alike receivers
That is all correct, Edmund, so how can you tell if you have a RC16 (dedicated D10), RC23 (universal without RF capability) or RC24 (universal with RF capability) remote? It's simple. The RC16 has no Format button in the upper left corner of the remote, while the RC23 and RC24 do. The RC24 has a mandatory FCC Part 15 sticker ( for its RF module) on the remote's back. The RC23 usually has "RC23" printed on it somewhere.

I got a universal remote at wallmart I think it was $20 or so (no more than $30), has a silver face (has the thumbs up and down buttons) and it works great...sorry I cant remember the name and I'm not where I can see it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts