Replacing DP301

n2228j

Original poster
May 10, 2008
I have a Dish DP301 Receiver that is starting to fail and I want to replace with another DP301. I don't want to deal with Dish on a replacement receiver since they will try to sell me upgrades and so on.

I have seen that DP301's are available all over the web since people are replacing them with HD.

My question is: Can I just purchase a used receiver and use the existing card I have and just plug it in? It's a yellow card and is active, it's the receiver that is giving us problems as others in the house work fine. Will I have to do some kind of activation with Dish?

Thanks in advance!

No... you will have to activate the receiver with Dish. If you are replacing your defective receiver, the Smart Card gets deactivated along with the receiver. You could just add the new receiver to your account (might still need a new Smart Card, depending on the one the replacement receiver comes with), but you can't use your old one.... and you would still be paying an additional $5 a month for the receiver you're not using.

I just upgraded my 301 to a vip 722. The 301 is just sitting on a work bench. 301 receiver and card. Make an offer if you are interested via P.M.

DHPP Digital Home Protection Plan is for you. $5.99/Mo. is what it costs to replace defective equipment that includes shipping. After the receiver is replaced cancel the DHPP you are out $6 buy a replacement receiver for that price shipped to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)