replaytv 5504 and DTV sony b-55...another thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flightguy

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
I'm sure this was covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find a thread anywhere about it. I have a 5504 replaytv, and hooked up to the serial port on my sony b-55 directv reciever. I've tried to find something on the sat receiver for serial, but there's nothing in the menus that I've been able to find. In the replay setup, I have switched it from IR, and tried both the serial, and the serial (APG), but neither have worked. Any ideas that I can't seem to come up with?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys...flightguy. I have 2 5040S upgraded and just ordered a 5504 today(missed out on the 5080's day before yesterday) have you checked Planet Replay or Avsforums for more info? I have not messed with serial port connections myself(my current sat receivers do not have them) there are Replay folks here, and I'm sure more knowledgeable than I but...

believe it or not, I just got it to work. don't know exactly what was wrong with it, but it's working now. the only problem is that I am no longer getting the current programming that's on. But that may just be a limitation of the b-55...I don't know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)