Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've not seen anything confirming a E* satellite launch. Not even on the Dish form. Anyhow this is about Directvs CONFIRMED launch .Not E* UNCONFIRMED launch. There is another thread for Dish fans.

I've not seen anything confirming a E* satellite launch. Not even on the Dish form. Anyhow this is about Directvs CONFIRMED launch .Not E* UNCONFIRMED launch. There is another thread for Dish fans.

If you don't want things posted don't ask the question.

Oh and by the way I am not a Dish fan. I am a fan of HD and that is why I have Dish today. I have also made it well known that if D* blows by E*, I have no problems switching back to D*.

Many people on the boards are saying IF this happens and maybe , in reality, it was NOT D*'s fault at all that the sea based accuident happened,and pushed alot of other launches around.
The launch of DIRECTV 10 was impacted primarily by Boeing not getting it done on schedule.

Understand that there were only six Sea Launch deliveries scheduled in 2007. At least three (E11, D11, Thuraya-D3) of the remaining five are still waiting for Sea Launch.

Good I'll go to the Dish Form and start talking negative about their launch.

I have to ask you to stop fueling the flame wars. If you don't like a post you can report it and we will look into it. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE to make statements like this.

Go right ahead. I am in the wait and see boat. I will beleive it when they launch or are on the pad ready to launch.

Dish does not need these SAT's to launch more HD stations. They are moving all the voom channels to mpeg4 to free up extra capacity.
I with you 100 %,I'm not saying anything to offend anyone.But their are others that aren't as open minded.

I have to ask you to stop fueling the flame wars. If you don't like a post you can report it and we will look into it. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE to make statements like this.
I didn't make any "statement" any different then anyone else. I don't go into the Dish form and start trouble either when I don't even have Dishnetwork system.But there seem to be a lot of Dish people that always bad mouth Directv,In our Directv forms.I don't start trouble!, but when I click on the this form and see a new post, there's always a post that says "The launch won't happen ,or Directvs HD is the worst.I 'm wanting some informative info ,Not bash Directv everytime. There are alot of people here that are great! But there are a few that Never have anything good to say.They know who they are ,And I apologize to everyone else.:)

I didn't make any "statement" any different then anyone else. I don't go into the Dish form and start trouble either when I don't even have Dishnetwork system.But there seem to be a lot of Dish people that always bad mouth Directv,In our Directv forms.I don't start trouble!, but when I click on the this form and see a new post, there's always a post that says "The launch won't happen ,or Directvs HD is the worst.I 'm wanting some informative info ,Not bash Directv everytime. There are alot of people here that are great! But there are a few that Never have anything good to say.They know who they are ,And I apologize to everyone else.:)

I am with you on this one Hemi. I did not take anything you said as fueling flame wars. I took it more as a joke.

Time to get this thread back on-topic.

Thanks everyone, hope you all are having a great Sunday.

Launch: 12 days and counting down!

Directv's Access magazine had a small list of channels that they would be launching,I didn't see any dates though.That must mean something good is comming.They are still saying 100 National by end of 07. Here is the list thats in Access .They said some of the list.
A&E
Abc Family
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
CNN
Discovery
Disney
ESPNEWS
Food Network
History
MTV
National Geographic
NFL
SCI FI
Speed
TBS
TLC
The Tennis Channel
Toon Disney
USA
The Weather Channel

And more HBO,Cinemax,Showtime.

we know abc family, espnnnews and disney are sked for early 2008. i believe we are also suppose to be getting some starz hd in september.

I have no idea what I would do if it blew up next week or was completely scrapped. I know Directv's financial picture is tied to that launch but so is my psyche. I would be crushed if it doesn't go well with all the build up and hype. I will get by but a failure would just be devastating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)