Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the significance of what Khrunichev's website indicates?"

Oh please.

Unlike all the rumors - this is factual info as to what is going on - fascinating reading for many. If it's not to your taste, I suggest you don't go on to their site. It's that simple really.

Unlike all the rumors - this is factual info as to what is going on - fascinating reading for many.
DirecTV is silent. Boeing is silent. ILS hasn't updated their site in a week. It does seem that the launch proceedings is a little newsbit starved. This is Khrunichev's first update since May 28th.

I can't help but think that much of the language in Khrunichev's progress reports is directed at making the "foreign" interests look like rookies. I'd be willing to bet that if anything goes wrong, Khrunichev will find a way to finger one of the foreign teams.

ILS is responsible for coordinating everything. They are directing and focusing the efforts of Khrunichev (launch vehicle), Boeing (satellite) and Roskosmos (launch control).

I continue to find interesting and up-to-date information on nasaspaceflight.com in the Russian Launchers forum.

DirecTV is silent. Boeing is silent. ILS hasn't updated their site in a week. It does seem that the launch proceedings is a little newsbit starved. This is Khrunichev's first update since May 28th.

I can't help but think that much of the language in Khrunichev's progress reports is directed at making the "foreign" interests look like rookies. I'd be willing to bet that if anything goes wrong, Khrunichev will find a way to finger one of the foreign teams.

ILS is responsible for coordinating everything. They are directing and focusing the efforts of Khrunichev (launch vehicle), Boeing (satellite) and Roskosmos (launch control).

I continue to find interesting and up-to-date information on nasaspaceflight.com in the Russian Launchers forum.

Why should there be alot of chatter from ANY of thse people ?
I don't normally follow launches, but you would figure that this is no different than the others. I doubt that they (people doing the inspections , launch set up and what not) are doing any more than any other time.

YES they take great care when launching anything, but I doubt this is any big deal to them.

Just because it's D*'s sat doesn't make it any more important than the last or the next launch.

The people that think this is a big deal are the people like US who are watching it all because to us, it IS a big deal, and of course most of the DISH subs that want it to fall over and die.

Jimbo

Follow the D10 launch blog, lots of info there, updated almost daily now.

The people that think this is a big deal are the people like US who are watching it all because to us, it IS a big deal, and of course most of the DISH subs that want it to fall over and die.

Jimbo
Speaking for myself, as a Dish sub, I want D10 up and operating ASAP. Since D* has an exclusive on the launch of several HD channels, I can't get them until D* has them. So "good luck and God speed, D10"!

Speaking for myself, as a Dish sub, I want D10 up and operating ASAP. Since D* has an exclusive on the launch of several HD channels, I can't get them until D* has them. So "good luck and God speed, D10"!

Thats Right!!!! If this launch is succesful every one will get more HD. Dish and cable will have to find a way to catch up and I'm sure they will.

Note the word "Most" in my quote !!!
I know not all DISH subs are complaining, but there are enough of them to make me sick ...... I suppose they are just jealous ....

Jimbo

Me personally ... I have NEVER went to the DISH forum to brag how well I liked D* or to berate something DISH is trying to do.

Jimbo

Never said that you did, but there are many others that do it in the E* and D* forums.

Never said that you did, but there are many others that do it in the E* and D* forums.

I wonder why?? Maybe they like to start fights. I think I was in the Dish network form maybe 5 times.I most likly wouldn't go in there and say DIRECTV IS THE BEST ,, DISH SUCKS.:eek: But some of us like doing it.

But you know what ?? This is the Directv Thread,,,SO Dish you suck !!!! :D

I wonder why?? Maybe they like to start fights. I think I was in the Dish network form maybe 5 times.I most likly wouldn't go in there and say DIRECTV IS THE BEST ,, DISH SUCKS.:eek: But some of us like doing it.

But you know what ?? This is the Directv Thread,,,SO Dish you suck !!!! :D

This type of post is why most of the fights start. There are many poeple that defend D* in the E* forums and vise versa. It is the same in the HD-DVD Blu-ray forums as well.

This type of post is why most of the fights start. There are many poeple that defend D* in the E* forums and vise versa. It is the same in the HD-DVD Blu-ray forums as well.
Thats because no one has a sence of humor. If you or anyone else would take any of this personal,I feel sorry for all of you. Lighten up !! Don't turn NOTHING into something!

I must ask that this thread get back on topic immediately.

I don't care if you are a DirecTV OR Dish sub - the thread is open to all for constructive discussion and information regarding an upcoming satellite launch. This is a launch that all members here should be rooting for success - regardless of where your loyalties reside.

Thanks in advance.

I must ask that this thread get back on topic immediately.

I don't care if you are a DirecTV OR Dish sub - the thread is open to all for constructive discussion and information regarding an upcoming satellite launch. This is a launch that all members here should be rooting for success - regardless of where your loyalties reside.

Thanks in advance.

Well said ScoBuck! This launch from its beginning as an announcemnet alone has spurred all sat and cable carriers to push for more HD! This only benefit the consumers!

Things must be proceeding as expected - the Khrunichev website has put the day (7th) onto their page. Up until now it has only said next launch July 2007.

KHRUNICHEV STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION SPACE CENTRE

No it isn't really any NEW news, but it is an update of info and it is a current confirmation of sorts that there is no changes in schedule.

I guess we will start to hear more once the various launch teams get together at Baikonur on the 22nd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts