Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Khrunichev website finally updated to show july launch date:
It seems odd that Boeing hasn't issued some sort of press release. The former Soviet contingent is quite proud that they've met their end of the bargain on time.

Khrunichev, other than a few technicians at Baikonur, is pretty much just waiting like the rest of us.

Progress on SeaLaunch for Direct 11????
Looks like they are planning on a Return-to-flight in Oct. with the next launch being as I remember it, the one before Direct11? Hopefully they will continue
on that sked..................
Sea Launch Wraps Investigation, Plans Return To Flight
June 11, 2007

Sea Launch has concluded its failure investigation and expects its return to flight in October with delivery of Thuraya-3 aboard a Zenit 3SL booster, company spokeswoman Paula Korn said June 8.

While she said a formal statement would be forthcoming, “we’re definitely making huge progress and now finished with the investigation” of the Jan. 30 launch failure of the booster carrying the NSS-8 satellite. An engine problem was cited as the cause.

Korn said Sea Launch has made the “necessary corrective action, and that’s what we’re working on. [The pace of work] is remarkable now. It’s very exciting for all of us; now we have such tangible evidence of progress, it’s very optimistic.”

She said repairs to the Odyssey platform were expected to be finished by the end of summer.

Progress on SeaLaunch for Direct 11????
Looks like they are planning on a Return-to-flight in Oct. with the next launch being as I remember it, the one before Direct11? Hopefully they will continue
on that sked..................
Sea Launch Wraps Investigation, Plans Return To Flight
June 11, 2007

Sea Launch has concluded its failure investigation and expects its return to flight in October with delivery of Thuraya-3 aboard a Zenit 3SL booster, company spokeswoman Paula Korn said June 8.

While she said a formal statement would be forthcoming, “we’re definitely making huge progress and now finished with the investigation” of the Jan. 30 launch failure of the booster carrying the NSS-8 satellite. An engine problem was cited as the cause.

Korn said Sea Launch has made the “necessary corrective action, and that’s what we’re working on. [The pace of work] is remarkable now. It’s very exciting for all of us; now we have such tangible evidence of progress, it’s very optimistic.”

She said repairs to the Odyssey platform were expected to be finished by the end of summer.

So does this mean that D* (Could possibly) launch before springtime or possibly this year yet ? for the D11 ?
Thus launching both sats in a short period of time.

Jimbo

So does this mean that D* (Could possibly) launch before springtime or possibly this year yet ? for the D11 ?
Thus launching both sats in a short period of time.

Jimbo
------------------------
Well, of course any answer to that would be pure speculation, however if they
should be able to return to flight by Oct. and it usually takes about 2 months
between launches, anything is possible, altho early next year would seem more
likely. IMO

------------------------
Well, of course any answer to that would be pure speculation, however if they
should be able to return to flight by Oct. and it usually takes about 2 months
between launches, anything is possible, altho early next year would seem more
likely. IMO

I did not know about the 2 month between launches .

Jimbo

I would not count on D11 this year. And that should only have an impact to some HD local networks. D10 will have its hands full this year and be DirecTV's focus.

given the new target date for d11 launch was forst 6 months of next year (back in may during webcast), it sounds like this would probably close that window for jan 1 through april 30. but that's just my opinion.

Nay. Check yourself - no day, just month and year:

"Next launch:
Date: July 2007
Launch vehicle: "Proton-M"
Spacecraft: "DirecTV-10"
Site: Baikonur"

The launch is set for July 7th (as of today).

Don't you understand why they want to put D10 up on 7-7-07? :D

Nay. Check yourself - no day, just month and year:

"Next launch:
Date: July 2007
Launch vehicle: "Proton-M"
Spacecraft: "DirecTV-10"
Site: Baikonur"

Sorry, but you obviously are misunderstanding me. This site has NOT yet listed a date - ONLY month and year. Up until this week it was still saying June 2007. I reported that they updated it finally to say July 2007.

Understand now what I was posting?

BTW, 'Borat' made his coupe ;) - Kazakhstan will revoke a permission to launch Protons by July, 20. So, D10 will be the last SC launched by Proton from Baikonoor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)