Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Until we know the satellite has truly arrived at the launch site all "dates" are irrealvent speculation

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant, just not happened yet.

I find it interesting that this link from Sep 05 says pretty much what D*'s press release said a year and a half later (but I had never seen until now).
At that time I think they were figuring on launching DirecTV 11 on the Proton/Briz launcher.

If your detecting some sort of differential with the story coming from the marketroids, join the club.

At that time I think they were figuring on launching DirecTV 11 on the Proton/Briz launcher.

If your detecting some sort of differential with the story coming from the marketroids, join the club.
No, actually I was surprised by the similarities between what D* is saying now and what the launcher was saying back in Sep 2005. Pretty consistent, but strange that D* wasn't giving these details until early 2007.

DirecTV has not put out a 'press release' but the head of their P.R. Department, Robert Mercer has given statements to various sources, and I believe the first one that had the scoop was our very own iceturkee!

DirecTV filed a notice with the FCC yesterday for in-orbit testing of D-10 at 102.6º. The filing also gives an estimated date for arrival at it's assigned orbital position, Sept. 15, 2007.

See here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts