Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2-3 weeks is just speculation, there is no confirmed date for the sat launch. This article supports the notion that this delay could in fact affect the proposed september launches. Directv may have to do some serious damage control soon:

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6448338.html

There is also articles that say the delay will have no effect on septembers channel launch.I'm more likely to belive a Directv spokesman the you !

Thanks, but I worked in public relations for several years, I have an idea about how things work.

It just seems that since a major publication like this could not get an official response about whether it would impact the september launches, or any publication that I have seen for that matter, not everyone in directv has their stories straight about what the delay means.

I can see why your not in public relations anymore.:eureka

There is also articles that say the delay will have no effect on septembers channel launch.I'm more likely to belive a Directv spokesman the you !

It's not my article. All I am pointing out is there not yet consensus about the impact of the delay.

There is also articles that say the delay will have no effect on septembers channel launch.
Okay, I'll bite. Please share a link to an article that states that the DirecTV 10 launch "delay" will have no effect on the programming delivery.

It's not my article. All I am pointing out is there not yet consensus about the impact of the delay.

As I mentioned previously, There was NO DATE set by D* to start the HD roll out, so those of you that are just waiting to Bash D* because they are late, can just keep waiting..... The Sept 5th date was speculation, nothing D* announced

Jimbo

I think D* mentions the 100 by end of year. They are hoping for Fall and there is nothing yet indicating that they wont make the Fall or even September. If all goes well, a July 6 launch is looking good.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll bite. Please share a link to an article that states that the DirecTV 10 launch "delay" will have no effect on the programming delivery.
Did you happen to read the first post in this thread?? That should give you something to "Bite On".:eek: I'm still waiting for one thats says the launch delay is causeing Directv to not role out NEW HD channels in september.

2-3 weeks is just speculation, there is no confirmed date for the sat launch. This article supports the notion that this delay could in fact affect the proposed september launches. Directv may have to do some serious damage control soon:

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6448338.html

I have read and re-read the linked article. Contrary to your post, it states that the September programming launches should NOT be affected:

"DirecTV-10 is planned to give the DirecTV service up to 100 national HD channels and expanded local HD services when it begins regular transmissions. That date is still expected in September, a DirecTV spokesman told TWICE."

The article you link also gives a specific launch date:

"The planned June 20th launch of DirecTV’s DirecTV-10 satellite has been delayed to July 6th"

This represents a 16 day delay - and it is the same launch date Robert Mercer gave to iceturkee. The article also states that the problem causing the delay has been resolved. It mentions NO other outstanding issues that should cause any further delay - that would only be your speculation I assume.

Yep, the article is completely different now since yesterday. I'm sure it didn't take you until today to read it though.

You made posts about the article not being true....yet you didn't read it......um ok.

The quotes I posted from the article aren't even there anymore, I'm sure others who did read it can vouch that it's entirely rewritten.

You made posts about the article not being true....yet you didn't read it......um ok.

The quotes I posted from the article aren't even there anymore, I'm sure others who did read it can vouch that it's entirely rewritten.

I made a post that the article did not support your comments. This is based on reading your post this morning, clicking on your link and seeing that the article was not backing your statements.

I was not on the forum from yesterday afternoon until this morning, so I would have no idea if the article was changed. That being said, I reported what I read this morning.

Enough of this, get back on-topic please.

Until we know the satellite has truly arrived at the launch site all "dates" are irrealvent speculation

Until we know the satellite has truly arrived at the launch site all "dates" are irrealvent speculation
The only dates that are truly irrelevant are the ones where something else is going on. Even if the satellite isn't yet in Baikonur, progress can be made on the launch vehicle. When it comes down to it, the fairinged satellite connects to the Briz-M module which connects to the Proton-M rocket.

Speculation? Yes (unless you're ScoBuck who fervently believes that someone at DIRECTV always knows exactly what's going on and when). Irrelevant? No, there are many relevant things that must be taken into consideration over and above the delivery by Boeing. Most of them don't have a favorable impact.

I agree that to some degree this is speculation, but the sources posted are considered within the space industry to be reliable in gathering these facts. This launch date obviously IS taking into consideration the 'best-known' facts at the moment and is subject to any number of things occurring.

What they are seem to be are 'target' dates of the various organizations involved.

I don't in any way share your 'irrelevant' feeling - because it does seem that many members do want to view these sites, read this info, and try to stay up-to-date - regardless of their own particular feelings on the issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DIRECTV Getting Sued over HD Lite

New HD Equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts