Report: DIRECTV HD Satellite Launch Scheduled For july 6th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
...and according to most launch tracking sites, the June 20th launch date was all rumored (best case scenario) and never set in stone - as most sites still had it (DirecTV 10) listed as TBD. The dates are just now ACTUALLY being set and July 7th being the REAL date, not really any delay.

POSTED May 30th

July 6/7 • Proton • DirecTV 10
Launch time: 0116 GMT on July 7 (9:16 p.m. EDT on July 6)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan

An International Launch Services Proton rocket with a Breeze M upper stage will launch the DirecTV 10 broadcasting spacecraft. The Boeing-built satellite will be used for DirecTV's direct-to-home service, specifically aiding in the expansion of HDTV offerings. [May 30]

Thats what happens when you do not control the vehicles that ferry your birds to space. Too bad its not like jumping in the car and taking the kids to school. If it were, and that cheap too, we would all be in the biz.

Thats what happens when you do not control the vehicles that ferry your birds to space. Too bad its not like jumping in the car and taking the kids to school. If it were, and that cheap too, we would all be in the biz.

Yeah, youd think in the year 2007 you could get a bird built and in the air in a reasonable amount of time. Uh, no.

hmm

Have you looked at attaching an inexpensive OTA antenna to your TV or receiver?

After this weekend, I am going to check out what my options are. I have a HR20-700, so I will have to research what will work best with it (can I even DVR the OTA stuff?).

If they make decent cheap ones, then I will go for it. The in-laws cottage is in RI, which usually has crappy reception but the HD looked great. I don't know how good my recpetion would be in "Metro West" (Marlboro MA area), as I have never tried to get any OTA signal in the 13 years I have lived in the general vicinity.

Another toy to play with!

not that i'm patting myself on the back but swann couldn't get a comment from directv? i got one in less than 90 minutes. and i only first made email contact with bob mercer a week ago.

His info is usually 50% correct, but he atleast gets the main story right like "satellite delayed". I wouldnt put much stock in his dates or any other info though.

I would rather see a launch delay than have the bird blowup on the pad.

If D10 were to have a catastrophic launch failure D* would look silly with their pushing about up to 150 HD channels coming.

Just curious, is D10 the only sat on this schedule launch or is there another that is part of the payload. I know that during one of the curious launches it was a different sat that caused all of the delays.

IMO this delay is non news. With how much D* has riding on this launch they will make sure everything is 100% ready prior to launch.

pluss the weather at launch can and launch windows etc. lot of vas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)