Report: Michigan Players Allege NCAA Violations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I do not know why it was posted, but this completely supports this theory:

....The U is a small private school...they do not have 3 quarters of the state going to Miami....like the Michigans, Ohio States, Florida and the Florida States of the world. When you have THAT many people going to those schools....you have more fans that bitch and complain...as well more boosters and alumni.

And it completely supports what HD said about the difference between the Michigans and Ohio States of the world, and Miami. ;)

Sandra

REALLY??!! LMAO!!

Wait.....REALLY??!!

How many National Championsips has Michigan won since 1948......ONE...and it was split with Nebraska. HOW many has Miami won.... 5 in the last 25 years. WHO has put MORE pros in the NFL in the same span....?? Miami Hurricanes. After having THOSE kind of seasons and sending THAT amount of talent to the NFL....you think the fans and alum "tolerate" rebuilding??!! You do not think expectations are high down here?!! Really?!! Seriously??!! :what:what:whatAnd you do not think there has been a meltdown here since the debacle of Larry Coker?!! But how would YOU know, you do not live in the southereastern US. You really need to read about other programs OUTSIDE the Big Ten then.

The U is a small private school...they do not have 3 quarters of the state going to Miami....like the Michigans, Ohio States, Florida and the Florida States of the world. When you have THAT many people going to those schools....you have more fans that bitch and complain...as well more boosters and alumni.

Like I said, people wonder why they hate the Big Ten.

Oh don't get all bent out of shape buddy. I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant. I'm just stating the obvious. (I even prefaced it with a "no offense").

Comparing the University of Miami to Ohio State or Michigan is like comparing the Devil Rays to the NY Yankees! Like it or not, there is a difference. Football is like a religion around these parts. You Floridians have your beaches and Mickey Mouse. We have Football. It's hard to explain, but it's very different here.

Oh don't get all bent out of shape buddy. I'm not trying to be cocky or arrogant. I'm just stating the obvious. (I even prefaced it with a "no offense").

Comparing the University of Miami to Ohio State or Michigan is like comparing the Devil Rays to the NY Yankees! Like it or not, there is a difference. Football is like a religion around these parts. You Floridians have your beaches and Mickey Mouse. We have Football. It's hard to explain, but it's very different here.

To be fair, USC has beaches too but they are also in a much different category than Miami.

Sandra

Please....whenever ANYONE starts of with "no offense"...it does mean, 'here it comes, it will offend'! LMAO!

There ONLY difference between the two is the fact that Michigan has been in established conferences, have bigger alumni and has had more TV coverage. The expectations are EXACTLY the same...MORE for a certain extent because HAS won championships recently. The quote during their powehouse runs was "'Canes don't rebuild, they reload". Football IS a region down here....this has always been and ALWAYS be a football town. Until you have lived down here...you will not know what pressure the University of Miami football program goes through.

And it completely supports what HD said about the difference between the Michigans and Ohio States of the world, and Miami. ;)

Sandra

It only supports the fact that those schools have MORE alumni and fans than Miami. I mean if you went to Gainsville and said that about the Gators, they would laugh in your face. IF Miami were a state school and not private, they would have MORE support. I mean I am willing to bet their are AS MANY Gator and Seminole alum in Miami as there is Hurricane alumn....maybe MORE.

Please....whenever ANYONE starts of with "no offense"...it does mean, 'here it comes, it will offend'! LMAO!

There ONLY difference between the two is the fact that Michigan has been in established conferences, have bigger alumni and has had more TV coverage. The expectations are EXACTLY the same...MORE for a certain extent because HAS won championships recently. The quote during their powehouse runs was "'Canes don't rebuild, they reload". Football IS a region down here....this has always been and ALWAYS be a football town. Until you have lived down here...you will not know what pressure the University of Miami football program goes through.

Well if the stadium is half full, that pressure is not coming from the stands! ;)

Sandra

It only supports the fact that those schools have MORE alumni and fans than Miami. I mean if you went to Gainsville and said that about the Gators, they would laugh in your face. IF Miami were a state school and not private, they would have MORE support. I mean I am willing to bet their are AS MANY Gator and Seminole alum in Miami as there is Hurricane alumn....maybe MORE.

Nobody mentioned Florida, just Miami. Your points accurately point out further differences between Miami and the Michigans, Ohio States, and Floridas.

Sandra

I've been to your state many times. My Grandma has a winter home down there. So does my Uncle. I've even been to Disney 4 times before. I've also traveled to Miami to try the Cuban Corn on the Cobb, which is phenomenal btw. Never got the whole "College Football" is the biggest thing ever, like areas surrounding Columbus or Ann Arbor though. :)

Never got the whole "College Football" is the biggest thing ever, like areas surrounding Columbus or Ann Arbor though. :)

...or, to be fair, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Austin, Norman, Lincoln, Baton Rouge, or anywhere else college football dominates.

Sandra

...or, to be fair, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Austin, Norman, Lincoln, Baton Rouge, or anywhere else college football dominates.

Sandra

"Miami's not a college town, not a big alumni-based school," he said. "We have 8,000 undergrads, a graduating class of maybe 1,200. Most state schools are 35,000, 40,000, may have 5,000 or 6,000 graduating. We have students, alumni in the South Florida region that come to games, and the fans.
"If you get an average of 50,000 a game, that shows a lot about the fan base you have. Because it's not 50,000 alumni. It's just the fan base."

Sandra

There's the answer...again.

OK so we agree. The pressure in Miami is much different.

Sandra

No...it is not. The pressure is the same if not more because they HAVE won championships recently...and they EXPECT championships at The U. You just do not hear about it because of the story you posted....there isn't as many Alumni as all those other schools. There aren't AS MANY voices...but the cry for championships and succes is just as loud.

Now there's word about RR's involvement in some shady real estate dealings.....

Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez was business partners with a banned Clemson booster in a failed real-estate venture that led to a $3.9 million lawsuit.

Clegg Lamar Greene was part of the deal tied to a federal lawsuit accusing Rodriguez of defaulting on a multimillion-dollar loan tied to a Virginia condo development.

Michigan coach partnered with banned SC booster - College Football - Rivals.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)